Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Post on these things!
Hopefully this will become an active thread.
  • are true
  • are honest
  • are just
  • are pure
  • are lovely
  • are of good report
  • any virtue
  • any praise

Lacko

May 3, 2006
Canada
✟9,363.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ILoveYeshua said:
C'mon now, anyone. Anything good. ............................................
"Any Virtue"

I’m not exactly sure what this thread is about…I will say this: one virtue that I feel many young especially, but definitely not exclusively, people are lacking is the virtue of choosing long term rewards over short term pleasure.

For example, instead of “investing” in their lives (long term reward) by studying hard in school they choose to have fun with their friends (short term pleasure). Similar things I believe can also be said about alcohol, drugs, tobacco, “sex” and many other things.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will say this: one virtue that I feel many young especially, but definitely not exclusively, people are lacking is the virtue of choosing long term rewards over short term pleasure.

I think a lot of past young generations went through that type of phase as well. I remember being in art school and extending my lunch time to just walk around Chicago instead of going to class. How wasteful I was of that important time and my parents' money!

Upvote 0

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
No, I'm just surprised you can't think of anything good, true, etc to post. Its spose to allow you to share good things, like Paul asked, if theres anything good, think on these things. btw I'm a gentile if it matters to you (which it seems to, odd) Anyway, if you can think of anything to post that FITS the OP, ANYTHING AT ALL in your life that even remotely resembles something good, post it. Its supposed to be edifying and a way to bring together lcms christians - but it seems that the lcms christians have not much good to post, or nothing comes to mind at the moment. are you thankful for say, the color red? or the ability to walk? express your thanks, sing your praises here. what are you happy about? tell us! do you have kids? do you like them? did they ever do something cool or funny? share!

anyway, THATS what I was trying to get at, not whatever it is you thought. sorry for any confusion!!!!!

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
do you have kids? do you like them? did they ever do something cool or funny?

Yes, I have a daughter and she will be going to the Middle School next year.

She's always saying and doing something funny. Nothing to help the LCMS though so I don't know if it benefits the thread, but here is something she did that was funny when she was younger.

2 weeks ago a teacher's aide came into her 6th grade classroom to say Hi to the kids who will be leaving the elementary school and going to the Middle School next year. My daughter asked the lady if she remembered her and she said Why, of course!

Here's why...
My daughter had written a paper in first or second grade and it was a short book report about squirrels. She apparently didn't really read the entire book and just skimmed through and looked for exciting bits to add to her report. She either misread a paragraph or turned a page and it was no longer about her subject and still wrote what the page had in it.

Her paper stated that during the winter months that squirrels fly south. So, that's how the aide remembers my daughter...the one who wrote the paper that squirrels fly south for the winter.

oh boy. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LutherNut

Barefoot Bible Reader
Aug 15, 2005
✟2,254.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ILoveYeshua said:
No, I'm just surprised you can't think of anything good, true, etc to post. Its spose to allow you to share good things, like Paul asked, if theres anything good, think on these things.

ILoveYeshua said:
64 views, not even a page full of replies. welcome to the lcms subforum!

So, since people are not rushing in here to respond to your post, it warrants a wise crack like that??

Don't expect too many here...

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Just one thing I celebrate...

The Pacific Southwest District of the LCMS (Southern California, Arizona and the Las Vegas area of Nevada) has embraced the VERY diverse communities in which we live - where there are over 250 different spoken languages in our public schools and where WASPs are the minority group. Rather than sticking to our "base" we're embracing our mission.

Among the 300 congregations in the district are:
12 African-American congregations
07 African immigrant congregations
01 Arabic
01 Armenian
02 Asian Indian
01 Cambodian
09 Chinese
01 Filipino
01 Gypsy
34 Hispanic
02 Indonesian
01 Iranian
18 Korean
02 Native American
01 Taiwanese
03 Vietnamese

These 90 congregations (nearly one-third of the congregations of the district) are just the separate, unique congregations - they don't include all those primarily anglo congregations that have Hispanic ministries within them, etc.

The EMBRACE of our community - rather than the retreat seen in so many denominations - is something I celebrate!

BTW, the LCMS in this district also has 5 compus/college congregations - including at mine. And they have 10 congregations for deaf persons, where all services and activities are in sign. That doesn't include all the congregations that include sign in their services.

Soli Deo Gloria

- Josiah

Upvote 0

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
CaliforniaJosiah said:
Just one thing I celebrate...

The Pacific Southwest District of the LCMS (Southern California, Arizona and the Las Vegas area of Nevada) has embraced the VERY diverse communities in which we live - where there are over 250 different spoken languages in our public schools and where WASPs are the minority group. Rather than sticking to our "base" we're embracing our mission.

Among the 300 congregations in the district are:
12 African-American congregations
07 African immigrant congregations
01 Arabic
01 Armenian
02 Asian Indian
01 Cambodian
09 Chinese
01 Filipino
01 Gypsy
34 Hispanic
02 Indonesian
01 Iranian
18 Korean
02 Native American
01 Taiwanese
03 Vietnamese

These 90 congregations (nearly one-third of the congregations of the district) are just the separate, unique congregations - they don't include all those primarily anglo congregations that have Hispanic ministries within them, etc.

The EMBRACE of our community - rather than the retreat seen in so many denominations - is something I celebrate!

BTW, the LCMS in this district also has 5 compus/college congregations - including at mine. And they have 10 congregations for deaf persons, where all services and activities are in sign. That doesn't include all the congregations that include sign in their services.

Soli Deo Gloria

- Josiah

Despite the numerous problems with the Missouri Synod (and there are numerous), this is an example of something positive, that being the ministry of the Gospel reaching so many different people.

We pray that good orthodox, confessional word and sacrament ministry are the norm in these churches and that all of God's people are being fed.

DaRev

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.