Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
See post #2 in its entirety.

Praying.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

I agree 100% with this scripture. We see this daily with support of Trump and people trying to pass his evil off as good. I have to assume at this point that people are wilfully blind or God is allowing their hearts to be hardened and made blind.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I did. Its what I replied to.

Your response to what i posted had nothing to do with my post.

Praying.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Unless their name Is Trump or Kavanaugh. Can't sneeze without killing a penguin in new guinea.

Spare me...
To be clear my issue with trump is with how he comports himself and treats people. Not his politics. I just think he's wrong on that.

I KNEW people would not be able to handle that difference or gloss over it like it wasn't important.
Consider yourself spared.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To be clear my issue with trump is with how he comports himself and treats people. Not his politics. I just think he's wrong on that.

I KNEW people would not be able to handle that difference or gloss over it like it wasn't important.
Consider yourself spared.

This political cycle is as ugly as any theater of war. The lines are that clear. The casualties are pretty severe. I honestly appreciate your post. The humanity of it. I have sat here now for about an hour trying to think how to express my meaning. I'm just thankful. Thank you for addressing this situation in the light you presented, and thank you for addressing me as a human being.

Many, many, many good people here on this site, and even the public figures we debate. Thanks for considering that.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ditto. He’s loud, brash and very blunt. Who would have thought a 70 New Yorker would be so. I wish at times he would put the tweet down and shut up.

That being said, I feel the same about a number of people.

I support his policies, his general approach to things, his view on taxes and military.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ditto. He’s loud, brash and very blunt. Who would have thought a 70 New Yorker would be so. I wish at times he would put the tweet down and shut up.

That being said, I feel the same about a number of people.

I support his policies, his general approach to things, his view on taxes and military.
But it's not just being loud and brash and blunt. It's that he's a bully. He's mean. He doesn't just disagree with someone; that person has some unavoidable character flaw akin to child killing. He shows no grace. He's a liar and he sees less value in truth telling than in getting what he wants.

I disagree with the politics of a LOT of republicans. But I'm TOTALLY cool with disagreeing because not everyone has to believe the same things I believe. But, I do believe there is a standard in how to treat other people which Trump simply doesn't come close to meeting.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This political cycle is as ugly as any theater of war. The lines are that clear. The casualties are pretty severe. I honestly appreciate your post. The humanity of it. I have sat here now for about an hour trying to think how to express my meaning. I'm just thankful. Thank you for addressing this situation in the light you presented, and thank you for addressing me as a human being.

Many, many, many good people here on this site, and even the public figures we debate. Thanks for considering that.
Thank you for this reply LostMarbels.
I do hope people understand that those are the reasons I don't think Trump is a good president: Trump hurts people and behaves terribly. The very traits that some admire, I find abhorrant. Or at least, the traits that some people admire LEAD TOWARDS behaviours I find abhorrant (ie....you can be brash but you don't HAVE to insult people, for example).

I would be curious if there ARE lefties who DO hate trump solely because of his politics. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. The depth and breadth of humanity and opinion is wide and it would be silly to think a thought like that is impossible, unheardof or unrealistic. I can only speak for myself.

I am sad to admit, but let's be real, I had VERY ill feelings towards bush when he was in office. I didn't "trust" him and I kept feeling something more nefarious was going on during his administration (it was my early 20s...gimme a break! High "conspiracy theory" time....).

I'm glad that as I got older, I kinda recognized what I did about politicians. The reason I bring up GWB was that he was big help for me. When I had heard he started to paint the pictures of soldiers who died during the Iraq war as a kind of therapy, that helped to remind me of the humanity of someone like that. I still don't know if he was a very CLEVER or intelligent man, but honestly, it doesn't need to matter at all and I don't think any less or more of him for it. He made hard decisions; either because he felt it was right or he was with people who told him it was. And then the guilt that came out of that affected him like it would (or should,) a normal human person. I respect that a great deal. And he just seems like a playful, silly ol' grandpa now. How can I not respect someone like that? Even if I disagree with their politics? I see him show love to others. That's all I need.

Simply put, I just don't think that Trump would ever end up doing something like that. I just don't believe that he has the empathy that GWP does.

ps. I also hope that this attitude keeps me from being overly rude or mean to people. So if I'm ever either, PLEASE PM me and remind me of the grace I should be showing you.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't. I hope she recovers enough to enjoy the years that remain of her life with her family and those others who might be able to stomach her.

I also hope that she does not recover enough to return to her work.
For someone who knows her as well as you do, those seem to be somewhat harsh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't. I hope she recovers enough to enjoy the years that remain of her life with her family and those others who might be able to stomach her.

I also hope that she does not recover enough to return to her work.
Are all Lutherans so magnanimous?

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Are all Lutherans so magnanimous?
800px-Water_torture.png

Give them some credit. They've come a long way.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I agree. i surely AM praying for Ruth Bader Ginsburg, that God's mercy extends to her for questionable if not downright dark positions throughout her life that do not protect, and further make it easier to boost child trafficking, etc.

What positions has she taken that would "boost child trafficking"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think if RBG steps down we should wait until Trump is cleared of the recent indications of not only collusion but possible conspiracy with Russia (especially on the heels of the news that indicates the FBI had started an investigation to see if Trump was either compromised by or was actively working FOR Russia!)

I don't think we need Russian agents appointing Supreme Court justices. And I think that even the GOP would agree with that view.

If Trump is cleared then he can resume making appointments that will affect the government long after he is gone.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I think if RBG steps down we should wait until Trump is cleared of the recent indications of not only collusion but possible conspiracy with Russia (especially on the heels of the news that indicates the FBI had started an investigation to see if Trump was either compromised by or was actively working FOR Russia!)

I don't think we need Russian agents appointing Supreme Court justices. And I think that even the GOP would agree with that view.

If Trump is cleared then he can resume making appointments that will affect the government long after he is gone.
What is more likely to happen is that the Right will try to jam someone through before Trump's administration crashes.

Packing the courts with anti-First Amendment judges is Trump's most important mission. If he does nothing more than replace RBG his base will consider him a resounding success, no matter if he is found to be a traitor.

Upvote 0