Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Again my wonderful and awesomely blessed family and friends!!!

I want to take this time to obey the Lord because He has told me that I need to share what has happened to me with everyone that I can.

As you all know--Stephen Worrell [aka QuestioningChristian] and I were joined together in Holy Matrimony on November 14th in Santa Ana, CA :D Afterwards....It was like the Lord said, "It's about time! I was waiting until you got married so I could give to you and bless you with all this stuff!! You had nowhere to put it but now you do!!" And *BOOM*--He just gave it all to us!

This story is just amazing. So sit back, grab some popcorn, put on your pajama's and get ready to read a wonderful story about our God who has done over and above like He always does. To bless His children because marriage is one of His favorite things. Especially when after many years, the two who were destined to be together finally got together :D [Btw, Stephen and I have been enjoying marriage, and the next level that we have entered because of it. It has been AWESOME spending time with the Lord together and listening to what He has to say and what He is promising :D]

It all started the DAY we got married.

I just wanna say that the Lord REALLY blessed us. My parents said that they were gonna get us a hotel room for the weekend but that never fell through, so we went and booked it ourselves on hotwire.

We looked at some 3 1/2 star hotels--You know the deal where you pay but they don't tell you where you'll stay until AFTER you pay? Well, we paid $59.00 a night for a supposed "3 1/2 star hotel" and guess where we got to stay?

At the Crowne Plaza Resort!!

We packed our honeymoon bags at the apartment and drove straight on over to the hotel. When we pulled up we were shocked. The place was surrounded by other ritzy hotels and it looked VERY nice as well! Stephen checked in while I found parking and waited for him. We got our bags and walked inside--OMGOSH. It had marble floors, fountains, the works!

So we get to our room which was on the 5th floor and we go in...WHOA. We got a KING SIZE bed--It had a 42 inch flat screen television with cable, wireless internet, on the bed was a red bag filled with lavender linen spray, a sleep mask and ear plugs. It had a fridge and a safe, a nice chair with an ottoman and a desk.

You know those things on the wall that let you know the normal rate for the hotel? Well...I checked the normal rate and the normal rate was $259.99 a night!! God blessed us with an awesome room for an awesome deal--I was so worried that we'd be in a ghetto hotel on our wedding night but not so :]

See?? The Lord blessed us with a wonderful hotel for our honeymoon weekend! :D

Alrighty fast forward....

When we first moved in, the only piece of furniture that we had was a computer desk and an airbed, lolz. After our honeymoon we came back and immediately I went on Craigslist and posted an ad saying that we had just got married and we needed to furnish our apartment because we didn't have stuff. I mean comon now, Stephen moved all the way from North Carolina to Colorado to California and he had to sell all his furniture and everything to get out here. So, we are having to start from scratch.

My parents were wonderful and got some boxes and put all sorts of things that we would need in them. They gave us dishes, cooking accessories such as spatulas, spoons, ladles, etc. We also got food, toilet paper and paper towels [Trust me, those paper things come in handy! :p] My mom and step-mom even went shopping together and bought us some towels for our bathroom and some wall sconces for candles.

One day I was surfing on Craigslist for furniture for sale when I see an ad for a 52 inch projection tv on sale for $100.00!! It turns out the guy is moving tomorrow morning and has had it for sale but no one has bought it so he just wants to get rid of it. Wow. I call my brother Jason and ask if he can help us get it with his truck. He doesn't mind. We go and get the tv and it turns out we only had $93.00 on us and the guy was like, "It's okay. I'll take the $93.00." And that is how we got blessed with a beautiful 52 inch flat screen projection tv!! :D

Anyway, because of our ad on Craigslist we got soo many phone calls and e-mails from wonderful people saying that they have all sorts of stuff and would love to give it to us. One woman called us and said that she is trying to get rid of soo many things in her house. She's tried selling it and no one has bought it so now she just wants to give it away. From her on the first visit we received two beautiful espresso night stands, two lamps, an end table, a coat rack and she wanted to give us her brown leather couch as well which we were gonna go pick up but wait and see.....:p

Another woman called us and said that she is moving out of the country to England to go and marry her fiance and she has a bunch of stuff she'd like to swap for luggage. Stephen and I have a BUNCH of luggage :D She has a microwave and all sorts of other kitchen stuff and dog things too because she was a dog sitter. So not only are we getting that but we are getting dog things for our doggy Daisy :D

The day before Thanksgiving I called my mom and asked her what time she wanted Stephen and I to be there. We were actually at Wal-Mart because his family had sent us a bunch of giftcards and we were getting book cases and other household items with them. My mom then proceeds to tell us that she and my step-dad purchased us a brand new couch and love seat and we could pick it up on Sunday! w00t!

My grandparents came over for Thanksgiving and with them, they brought brand new sheets for our bed, towels for our bathroom, and as an early Christmas present, they bought us this BEAUTIFUL silverware set!

Remember the first lady who gave us all that stuff? Well, after the holidays, [Thanksgiving] we went and picked up a brand new queen size mattress and box spring. She also gave us a bunch of kitchen things like a roaster, a crock pot, a hand electric mixer, some salt and pepper shakers, and a thing for garlic. We also received this beautiful oak or pine dining table, a nice big picture frame with a painting in it. And she also gave us a short table. It looks like a coffee table but is much shorter than a coffee table.

It has been sooo awesome! During the first three weeks of marriage, we would receive a card in the mail with gift cards or money or checks just about everyday or every other day. Even our wonderful internet friends went on our registry and purchased some stuff and had it shipped to our house :D

I'll never forget that every time I prayed, I would be like, "Father, you know what our finances are like. I am gonna thank you and praise you for our provision that you supply all our needs!" Because even though we were getting giftcards, we still needed money to pay the rent or get food and all that stuff. Then that very day I'd go check the mail and there would be a giftcard to Wal-Mart and with it we could go purchase groceries :D

Well, it's not over yet. My mom called us and said that her, my dad, my step-mom, and step-dad went and purchased us a wedding gift together from the parents. They went and got us this beautiful entertainment center to go with our big screen tv! :D

So I get a phone call from my dad and step-mom saying that I needed to come and pick up my stuff. I had completely forgot that I had all my stuff in storage at my dad's house back when I moved out of state. So Stephen and I go and rent a moving truck from Ryder. All we wanted was a 12-16 footer but all they had was 26 feet, lolz. So instead of charging us for the 26 feet, they charged us for the smaller truck and let us have it the whole weekend for a one day price :D So we drive up to pick up the entertainment center[One location], the couch[My mom's house], and my stuff at my dad's. When we get there, they also bless us with a bunch of Christmas decorations. All we had purchased for the house was a wreath because we needed money for other things at the time.

We finally get home after the 90 mile drive and as I am going through my boxes I find out that I already had some kitchen appliances and home decorations stored up for when I did get my own home. Wow. God has been soo soo good. He has been wonderfully faithful to us as we entered into holy matrimony with one another. Also, just so you all know--while I was typing this I received another phone call from a man saying that he has a brand new toaster still in the box that he would like to give to us :D

I just never cease to be amazed when it comes to the things of God. He does soo many wonderful things. I just wanted to type this out and share with you all how great our God is. How much He cares. How He opens the flood gates of Heaven to bless us. And how He wants to bless you folks too. A week and a half ago the Lord spoke to Stephen and gave him a scripture. I can't remember where it is but I do remember this part:

"Lengthen your cords and strengthen your pegs. For you will break forth on the right hand and the left."

In that scripture, the Lord was telling us to get ready because we were going to receive A LOT. That we needed to make room because our home was going to be filled with an abundance of things!! How true it was! When God speaks, He never lies.

We are still in need of a couple things like a fridge [We have a cooler for now until we can find a fridge] a bed [We have the mattress and box spring] chairs for our table [We've been eating on tv trays :p] barstool chairs for the bar at our kitchen, and a coffee table. I just know that these things will come to us VERY soon and that we won't have to worry about it :D

God is good everyone!! Don't forget it!! :D

<3 Gracie :]

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
P.S. Forgot to add--Our apartment is filled with soo many things that we are having a hard time trying to keep the place clean :p We have to go through all these boxes and are having to give things away. Wow. God is good :D

Reactions: msbojingles
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Lengthen your cords and strengthen your pegs. For you will break forth on the right hand and the left."
In that scripture, the Lord was telling us to get ready because we were going to receive A LOT. That we needed to make room because our home was going to be filled with an abundance of things!! How true it was! When God speaks, He never lies.

Isaiah 54:1 &#8220;Shout for joy, O barren one who has not given birth!
Give a joyful shout and cry out, you who have not been in labor!
For the children of the desolate one are more numerous
than the children of the married woman,&#8221; says the Lord.
54:2 Make your tent larger,
stretch your tent curtains farther out!
Spare no effort,
lengthen your ropes,
and pound your stakes deep.
54:3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left;
your children will conquer nations
and will resettle desolate cities.

That scripture is directed to Israel and has everything to do with restoration after the exile. It's not an individual message about receiving a lot. Well, I guess if your children plan on conquering nations and resettling desolate cities we can talk more about that scripture applying to you individually.

Good to hear things are going well for you though :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 54:1 &#8220;Shout for joy, O barren one who has not given birth!
than the children of the married woman,&#8221; says the Lord.
Spare no effort,
lengthen your ropes,

That scripture is directed to Israel and has everything to do with restoration after the exile. It's not an individual message about receiving a lot. Well, I guess if your children plan on conquering nations and resettling desolate cities we can talk more about that scripture applying to you individually.

...but isn't God able to use what He's said to one person or group and speak to another in a totally different setting for a totally different issue? Not changing the initial setting but applying it to the new setting for that particular person for that particular time. Not necessarily applicable to anyone else in the same situation but to them (Garcie and Stephen) for that time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 54:1 “Shout for joy, O barren one who has not given birth!
than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord.
Spare no effort,
lengthen your ropes,

That's the scripture that the Lord gave us--Not the whole thing though :p As SP said--God can use a scripture in the Word and apply it to something going on in your life. That's what He spoke to us--And the Lord is true to His Word :]

All I know is that--If God can do it for us He can do it for all you folks too! :)

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
P.S. Forgot to add--Our apartment is filled with soo many things that we are having a hard time trying to keep the place clean :p We have to go through all these boxes and are having to give things away. Wow. God is good :D
Clutter bug alert! Quick! Someone call Niecy Nash!

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not THAT bad XD

If I haven't worn it in two months--It's GONE! :p

I feel so bad, our whole living room is a mess because I'm cleaning everything out. And I haven't had the time because of the holidays so it's all messy right now >.< Poor Stephen, I wonder how he puts up with me sometimes, lolz :D

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL...
You should know by now PC99 that this is the "goth christian" forum. If you testify to health, prosperity, blessings, and believe that God is Good then you are pretty out of it. You are obviously carnal and devoid of anything from God. If you want to be with the "in" christiain crowd, get yourself a disease, lose your job, blame God for all your problems, and be sure to ditz all those goodie goodie believers who have a good word and testimony in Christ.
LOL...
Welcome to bizarro Christianity.

But seriously, thanks for the good word and congrats on the marriage.
God bless you and keep up the profession of your faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.