Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Monday, October 3, 2016, 3:40 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song “For Our Nation.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Psalm 28 (NASB).

My Petitions (vv. 1-2)

To You, O Lord, I call;
My rock, do not be deaf to me,
For if You are silent to me,
I will become like those who go down to the pit.
Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You for help,
When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.

In all things in this life we should be continually in communication with our Lord, not just when things are going bad for us. He should be first on our minds when we awake in the morning, and last on our minds when we go to bed at night. Even in the night, as he may counsel us, we should be listening for his voice speaking his truths to our hearts, and we should be ready to respond positively to whatever he has to say to us or to whatever he has for us to do. We should regard him, not only as our Lord, but as our best friend, in whom we want to confide and share our deepest thoughts and feelings.

We should see God/Jesus, as well, as our Rock – our fortress and strength to help us in times of difficulty. We should believe that he loves us completely, and that he truly cares about us and what is going on in our lives, and that he will never abandon us, even if humans do. And, we should draw on his strength and comfort to help us through trying times when our faith is being tested, and when our enemies are fiercely coming against us. And, we should not fear what humans may do to us or say about us, but we must rely on our Lord to give us the words to say, and to give us the right heart attitudes about our circumstances, too.

Workers of Evil (vv. 3-5)

Do not drag me away with the wicked
And with those who work iniquity,
Who speak peace with their neighbors,
While evil is in their hearts.
Requite them according to their work and according to the evil of their practices;
Requite them according to the deeds of their hands;
Repay them their recompense.
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord
Nor the deeds of His hands,
He will tear them down and not build them up.

We want to pray and to request of God that he guard us and protect us from evil, that we would not be caught up in what the evil do, nor that we would let evil men dissuade us or distract us, through intimidation or trickery, from following our Lord and doing his will. The wicked are described for us here as deceivers, liars and manipulators who pretend one thing on the outside, while inside they are entirely different. Although they may speak to us as though they like us, they are plotting evil against us behind our backs. Although they may pretend to be our friends, and to be looking out for our best interests, they are really devising wicked schemes against us to destroy us. They can’t be trusted, for rarely a word coming from their mouths speaks truth. They are filled with deceit and have a bag full of tricks with which to try to trap us or to trip us up. So, we need to be very discerning.

I believe that the US federal government, as an entity, is like this, i.e. those who are in positions of power and rule in this nation. Included in their “bag of tricks” are all these shootings, mass murders and racial tensions, including riots and civil unrest. It is the same M.O. as what they did in other nations of the world over the past 10 years or so. First they create the chaos or the unrest so that they can go in as “saviors,” but not really. So much of what is now happening in America is following the same pattern as what happened in many other nations in the Middle East and in Africa in recent years. Most all of them have resulted in takeovers of their nations and the forming of “transitional” governments, assisted by the “international community” via forced cooperation, thus bringing “order out of chaos.”

I believe, as well, that this national election and the candidates, themselves, came out of this “bag of tricks” in order to deceive and manipulate the American people, and to distract and entertain them. They pretend to be on opposite sides of the political arena, but they both serve the same people, i.e. they serve the bankers and the wealthy and powerful elite of this world. And, no matter who wins this election, or even if there is an election, the result is still the same. There really is no difference between them.

Our present government is what is seen on the outside, but the true rulers of our nation, and of the world at large, are a shadow government hidden from sight, who are the world’s wealthy and powerful elite. They are the ones making all the decisions for what is going on in the world. And, they are forming a one-world government which will supplant the US government and our constitution, and which will bring about the rule of the beast (Rev. 13), the conquering of nations, of peoples and of the saints of God.

As has happened in other nations, I believe they are producing these (or most of these) troubled situations so that they will eventually have an excuse to declare a national state of emergency, and to institute martial law, and to suspend our rights and freedoms here in America. It is just a matter of time until this actually takes place, for scripture says it is coming, i.e. the conquering of nations and of people. So, it will be fulfilled.

So, we need to pray for our world, and for our nations, for our leaders and for the church in our nations, that blinded eyes would be opened, and that they would be turned from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they might receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified through faith in Jesus Christ (See: Ac. 26:16-18). We need to pray for revival of the church which is living in spiritual adultery against her Lord. And, we need to pray for the persecuted church which is walking in holiness and is under severe attack from the enemy, that she (they) will be strengthened in faith and that they will persevere and not give up or give in or give way to the enemy, but that they will stand firm on the Word of God, even if it costs them their lives on this earth.

One day, God will judge all these workers of evil, and they will meet their doom, unless they repent of their sins and trust Jesus Christ with their lives, which I hope and pray many will.

I Am Helped (vv. 6-9)

Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.
The Lord is their strength,
And He is a saving defense to His anointed.
Save Your people and bless Your inheritance;
Be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.

No matter what we go through on this earth, or how many betray, hate or persecute us, and no matter if we lose our freedoms and our rights which we have been able to enjoy for some time now, or they take away our bank accounts or our homes or possessions, we still have the Lord, so we are blessed! We should learn to be thankful in all things, even in hardship and persecutions and even if those we trusted or who said they were our friends turn against us and abandon us, for we still have our salvation. We still have the Lord as our Rock and our Redeemer, and he can be trusted fully to do what he says he will do. So, we should rejoice!

And, we should never back down from or compromise what we know to be the truth just to “save” ourselves, because our Lord is our helper, and he will see us through each and every situation which comes into our lives, if we will but trust him.

Our Lord never promised us smooth sailing in this life, or that we will never have to go through difficult times. In fact, he said we will be hated, persecuted, falsely accused, rejected, abandoned, mistreated and even killed for the sake of his name, and for the sake of his gospel of salvation. So, we should not be surprised when these things do come upon us. But, we should trust our lives into our Lord’s capable hands, and believe him to lead us, to guide us, and to walk with us through our valleys. He will give us all we need to survive and to thrive until he takes us home to be with him forever. So, we must believe in his sovereignty and that he has all things worked out for good for us who love him and who have been called according to his purpose. And, we must rest in his love, and know that all this that he allows us to go through is for the salvation of human lives, and that we will receive a spiritual harvest of righteousness if we do not give up.

For Our Nation / An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,
Seeking God to give us answers