• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Our Dear Andrew Doau

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If the font is too small please let me know, my laptop doesn't show it.

Our Dear Andrew Doau
The end of July 2011 my neighbors of 18 years had a serious silent problem of domestic abuse. Sweet Andrew 22 years old and a survivor of leukemia was shot and murdered by his father Ed while he slept and felt safe in his own bed. This very wealthy family looked perfect on the outside. A full time maid, gardener, poolman, luxury cars which turned heads at perhaps how wonderful it must be from afar.
I knew the family very well, and at one time the mother came to me and asked for help. I talked with her and encouraged her to seek help call the police and get out of this situation. She went back after he said he would seek counseling. I kept a close eye on her and the children and it seemed like things were better. Until she finally got the courage to pack up quickly and leave, Andrew was in Europe studying early christians. When he came home from his trip Andrew wanted to stay with his father who stayed in the home across the street from me.

The mother of Andrew called me and asked me to check on Andrew because she and Ed were in the beginning of the divorce. So I went across the street and found Ed dead in his bed and Andrew shot in the head. Ed shot beautiful Andrew and then committed suicide. It has been quit a emotional ride fro the last 4 months and its very hard because I looked out every front window of my house and see their house all day long. The father tried to get the daughter over that night as well, but thankfully she was busy.

I am still in close contact with the mother and my prayers go out to her and their family.

The funny thing is that perople come out of the woodwork to make money. A tv station called ID wanted the family and myself to do interviews for the show Behind Mansion Walls. The family declined and I struggled if I would do it or not. Since it is for profit ( meaning the money for the show would not go for any cause) and we have 0 control over it I choose not to do it, although the show will still be airing sometime in January I think. I talked with the mother for along time tonight and i am so proud of her. She is strong with her spiritual walk with God and knows she will see Andrew again, but she is hurting badly for the loss of her son in such a horrible way.

We talked about making a documentary of Andrews life fighting cancer, domestic violence and finishing Andrews books that he started to write about God and giving the proceeds in Andrews name to the cause of domestic violence, cancer. I feel very good about that.

I am not sure where God is taking me with all of this, so I will wait on Him.

Feel free to respond.

ChildOfTheLight

Bible Thumpin' Jesus Freak
Aug 2, 2012
Flint MI
✟15,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel your pain. I used to baby sit Dominick Calhoun. He was a four year old murdered in my home town Argentine, Mi, USA. It was all over the news. He was beaten to death by his mothers drug addict boyfriend. I had so many different nightmares about the situation. Could I have stopped it? but i tell you what the death has made our community and the Calhoun family very strong. We have Dominick's Law in place now in the state of Michigan which holds the biggest penalty for child abuse in United State's history. We constantly have events to raise money for kid's that have been abused.

There are great outcomes from death, God works in weird ways. All i can say is to keep your head up and continue to be a support factor for the mother. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the victims family.

God Bless.

Upvote 0