Our bodies as Holy Temples

Status
Not open for further replies.

masnergy

Mar 22, 2004
✟124.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Can someone please give me some scriptural backings to out bodies being temples, and also what actually hurts the temple, it its more a spiritual hurt or physical. My reasons come from the argument, well I haven't seen it on here, that to smoke, drink, and do drugs, is sin. I have found scripures to back an abundance of use is bad, but not that the act in itself is bad. Besides the temple debate. Please give me :pray: some insight

Biarien

Dúnadan
Mar 19, 2004
California
✟18,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 6

18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
1 Corinthians 6

18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
AMEN

Upvote 0

masnergy

Mar 22, 2004
✟124.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Breanainn said:
1 Corinthians 6

Amen,

However, how can I destinguish what is honoring, and sinfull? I mean, is it dishonorable to have a glass of whine? Or to have a beer? I feel that alot of what people say is dishonorable, may only be based on our society, not on scripture. I would just like to know, I'm not a drunk or anything, I'm just wondering where I should look, in scripture, to find these answers. Like sex for instance, it's ok for married couples, but not for singles. What I'm saying is, are there any guidelines to what is honorable and not? I have a tattoo, some would say that the bible is against that, but the only scripture I have found regarding tats, is to not scar or tattoo your body in morning. Mine is not in morning, is it still bad? How about if I have a tattoo to glorify God, like scriptures tattood on me or an image of him? Can these questions be answered by scripture, or only by society? I would reallly love to see the scriptures, then it will be clear to me.
:prayer:

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
Can someone please give me some scriptural backings to out bodies being temples, and also what actually hurts the temple, it its more a spiritual hurt or physical. My reasons come from the argument, well I haven't seen it on here, that to smoke, drink, and do drugs, is sin. I have found scripures to back an abundance of use is bad, but not that the act in itself is bad. Besides the temple debate. Please give me some insight

Eph 2:22
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Not only is your body a temple,, God wants a home! So you tell me, What kind of a house does God deserve?

Fornication is a sin, that's a given. God told us not to do it... As far as drinking or drugs goes... Will it hinder one’s spiritual walk? Yes. The real problem is not defiling the temple of God as so much as it's rendering that temple unusable to God in this age... So it's both, a physical hurt and a spiritual one...

1 Cor 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Thankfully, we are not judged as they were during the acts period. If we were, the population problem would not be a problem at all. There would be NO Christians. Ep 2:10. We are given everything we need to produce good works; it is our choice to live in them or not.

1 Tim 3:8 tells deacons not to be given to MUCH wine... although bishops in verse 3 were told to “not be given TO wine”. Is it a sin for deacons, NO… for bishops, YES. God told them not to do it.

I hope that helped, I wish I had a little more time to reply… Spend some time in the first three chapters of Ephesians,,, Realizing all the God has done for (and given to me) has done wonders in knowing how God would want me to act…

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
masnergy said:
Can someone please give me some scriptural backings to out bodies being temples, and also what actually hurts the temple, it its more a spiritual hurt or physical. My reasons come from the argument, well I haven't seen it on here, that to smoke, drink, and do drugs, is sin. I have found scripures to back an abundance of use is bad, but not that the act in itself is bad. Besides the temple debate. Please give me :pray: some insight

Smoking drinking and drugs are just the Baptist list of mortal sins.

Holiness is not healthiness. Let's not confuse the two.

The wine they drank in the Bible was real wine.

Driinking alcohol is not sin. Drunkenness is sin.

Else you better not take any prescription drugs either.

And gluttoney is just as bad as drinking too much alchohol. God seems to forget this one is a sin in Baptist circles. Or maybe it is just not as bad as those other three horrible damnable sins you mentioned which are not mentioned anywhere in the Bible? Well, it just doesn't matter. Baptist pastors are the ones who decide who is going to heaven and who isn't based on their conduct.... when they are not preparing their "saved by faith alone" sermons.

Jesus My Wisdom

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Cleanliness is next to Godliness
Holiness is not healthiness. Let's not confuse the two.
God was very busy with healthy lifestyle notations at Mount Sinai, trying to get a people ready for a holy convocation. The Garden of Eden upon which Adam and Eve lived was designed on a dietary lifestyle that health professionals today see the benefits of. Daniel and his friends were vegetarian, and so was John the Baptist. Those that chose this lifestyle did it because they believe that God knew more about the design of the human frame and its function than they did. They trusted God and followed his dictates regarding health lifestyle so that they may experience the life that God wanted them to have. That was a health, holy life.

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
visionary said:
Cleanliness is next to Godliness

God was very busy with healthy lifestyle notations at Mount Sinai, trying to get a people ready for a holy convocation. The Garden of Eden upon which Adam and Eve lived was designed on a dietary lifestyle that health professionals today see the benefits of. Daniel and his friends were vegetarian, and so was John the Baptist. Those that chose this lifestyle did it because they believe that God knew more about the design of the human frame and its function than they did. They trusted God and followed his dictates regarding health lifestyle so that they may experience the life that God wanted them to have. That was a health, holy life.

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of food and drink, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of food and drink, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).

Amen.... and it is God's righteouness....is he not right about lifestyle? Yes.

Will He restore us to His righteousness? Yes Hallelujah

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.