Our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms keeps our government from becoming Totalitarian.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what keeps the governments of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Belgium, and Holland from becoming totalitarian?

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm just saying that the 2nd Amendment was included in our Constitution because we didn't have the right to bear arms from Great Britain. They sought to be totalitarian over the New World, as with other colonizations. It was also included as a safeguard against such a thing happening again, we wanted to learn from history. We came over from England because we didn't have religious freedom. Without the 2nd Amendment, the 1st amendment won't be far behind and we will not even have the freedom to be ourselves, we will be living in George Orwell's 1984.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They are tota!itarian, if they don't have an equivalent of the 2nd amandment.
Say what? Canada is totalitarian? Perhaps, rather than just deciding in advance that your idea is correct and that only a constitutional right to bear arms can prevent totalitarianism, you might consider testing your idea against the real world. In the real world, lots of countries aren't totalitarian without most of their citizens being armed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So what keeps the governments of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Belgium, and Holland from becoming totalitarian?
Nothing They all signed up, totally.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A citizen has the rigt to protect himself from such things as illegal search and seizure.
This claim has nothing to do with your prior claim, that a country without a "right to bear arms" has a totalitarian government.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
In the real world, the United States has a history. Evidently you didn't do so well in that subject. I did okay in it, but I know enough to understand that all of the Constitution is important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In thd real world, the United States has a history. Evidently you didn't do so well in that subject. I did okay in it, but I know enough to understand that all of the Constitution is important.
You keep changing topics. That makes it difficult to engage with you. Are you playing a joke on us? If not, can we return to the actual topic that you proposed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If "all of the Constitution is important," as you say, then why has it been amended so many times? Amendments can even repeal other amendments. If a new amendment repealed the second, would that amendment be important?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
They are tota!itarian, if they don't have an equivalent of the 2nd amendment.
Comes as a surprise to me not to mention the citizens of the other countries in that list.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If "all of the Constitution is important," as you say, then why has it been amended so many times? Amendments can even repeal other amendments. If a new amendment repealed the second, would that amendment be important?
The next step after that would be to repeal the first amendment, at which time certain Americans would fight. But since they won't have the right to bear arms, they will be fighting with their fists against a totalitarian, Antichrist government implementing the mark of the beast on everyone. God please let it be a pre-tribulation rapture! That is all I have to say...

Upvote 0