america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.
3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

These two churches are the bookends; Smyrna happened in the days of the persecuted Way, and Philadelphia happens after all of the centuries which exist inbetween. They have the same enemy, and will both be killed. The first are the souls under the altar.

2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

6:9 And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they [were], should be fulfilled.

This fifth seal happens after the pseudoprophetes commands that those who don't believe the name of blasphemy will be starved into submission or death. He will try to make you tell lies about God. He will persecute you, and his hordes of followers will turn you over to him for their 30 coins. To the Law and to the Testimony! if they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them.

Upvote 0

gomerian

Apr 29, 2018
america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

James 1:22-24 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Matthew 5:22-24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Raca means worthless: So, remember that God is judging your heart, if you're taking His name for a good reason.

If your conscience is clear, BABerean2, I have to wonder why... and why you quote passages that command you to do what Jesus says. If you don't do what Jesus says, Jesus will not pray the Father to give you the Holy Spirit. Even David stood in danger of losing the Spirit of Truth... there is no such thing as once saved always saved. Keep on believing, keep on doing what you say you believe.

You should know that Jesus is the judge against which all others are measured. Claiming that men are His equal or better should never be done, at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0