joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I can't remember if it was Consumer Reports or one of the food magazines, but Goya Olive Oil was rated a Best Buy - great quality at a great price. I've been using it ever since. It really is quite good, and it's not expensive. I don't think they sell it in big tins, though.

Goya's green olives are the best, too. They're a Spanish company that sells mostly to the Latino market in the US. I've been very impressed with the quality of the foods.

Also, I love supporting them, because they helped sponsor the Christian-made pro-life film Bella as a way of giving back to the community and supporting family values.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Clem, just might want to try before you buy a big container of something new. There is a distinct taste difference between Spanish, Italian and Greek olive oil. We also use it in copious amounts but just suck it up and purchase copious amounts from Whole Foods when we get there. Bertolli you can usually get in larger containers as well and if you ever make mayo from scratch you want a 'cheaper' regular (no EVOO) oil or the flavor will be off. I use regular for cooking because the flavor stability is less with EVOO and it can take a bit more heat. That cuts down on the consumption of the expensive stuff.
Now if we could find a place that sells copious amounts of good quality European butter... I'm pretty sure we're keeping Kerrygold afloat. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.