USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For as by one man’s disobedience many were made (constituted) sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made (constituted) righteous.” Romans 5:19 (KJV 1900)

What most do not understand is that Christ saves believers through His shed blood and his imputed righteousness. Our works are wood, hay, and stubble that cannot save. If improved on, they merit a better resurrection. But even then, believers remain saved by Christ’s imputed righteousness, even if all their petty works are destroyed by fire.

“For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” 1 Corinthians 3:11–15 (KJV 1900)

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For as by one man’s disobedience many were made (constituted) sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made (constituted) righteous.” Romans 5:19 (KJV 1900)

What most do not understand is that Christ saves believers through His shed blood and his imputed righteousness. Our works are wood, hay, and stubble that cannot save. If improved on, they merit a better resurrection. But even then, believers remain saved by Christ’s imputed righteousness, even if all their petty works are destroyed by fire.

“For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” 1 Corinthians 3:11–15 (KJV 1900)
Unless one has apostisize. The sin "until death" is not forgiven.
1 John
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unless one has apostisize. The sin "until death" is not forgiven.
1 John
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

This speaks of Christ's imputed righteousness. If you apostatize you were one of those who act like a Christian who Christ tells to depart, "I never knew you"

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

This speaks of Christ's imputed righteousness. If you apostatize you were one of those who act like a Christian who Christ tells to depart, "I never knew you"
Disagree. You can not depart from something you never had
"Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.
Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

You can not fall away from grace you never had.

• Agree
Reactions: bling
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We know that all through scripture Jesus Christ of Nazareth warns us to stay the course as many will fall away from the faith. No one can" fall away" unless they were originally saved. So apostasy can occur when one falls away from the faith.
We also know that we are still in the flesh. Though the Spirit is willing, the flesh is weak and does fall into sin. So the quoted scripture from John must have a deeper meaning, as it would appear to contradict other scriptures regarding sinlessness.
I have come to understand that we are given the seed of righteousness through the power of the Holy Spirit. Just as Jesus Christ of Nazareth explained, " faith is like a mustard seed", it is the tiniest of seeds that grow into a large mature plant. The seed is the Holy Spirit. And we know He conforms us into the image of Christ. In other words, the seed within us does not sin.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know that all through scripture Jesus Christ of Nazareth warns us to stay the course as many will fall away from the faith. No one can" fall away" unless they were originally saved. So apostasy can occur when one falls away from the faith.
We also know that we are still in the flesh. Though the Spirit is willing, the flesh is weak and does fall into sin. So the quoted scripture from John must have a deeper meaning, as it would appear to contradict other scriptures regarding sinlessness.
I have come to understand that we are given the seed of righteousness through the power of the Holy Spirit. Just as Jesus Christ of Nazareth explained, " faith is like a mustard seed", it is the tiniest of seeds that grow into a large mature plant. The seed is the Holy Spirit. And we know He conforms us into the image of Christ. In other words, the seed within us does not sin.
But the saved are saved and cannot perish. You cannot have saving faith if you think you can be lost.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lose, no, forfeit, yes
Why is faith needed if God irresistibly saved you?
God turned me into a new creature that believes in Christ based on that experience. If you experience a miracle, how can you ever doubt it? It's all in the experience most apparently do not have.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Disagree. You can not depart from something you never had
"Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.
Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

You can not fall away from grace you never had.
You are saying babes in Christ are fully mature? You cannot have saving faith if you think you can be lost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God turned me into a new creature that believes in Christ based on that experience. If you experience a miracle, how can you ever doubt it? It's all in the experience most apparently do not have.
We can certainly doubt, even after experiencing miracles. That's why we need to be encouraged to remain faithful.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are saying babes in Christ are fully mature? You cannot have saving faith if you think you can be lost.
Well in your theology they have to be... they are saved once and for all immediately.
And as for your second sentence:
"Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God."

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well in your theology they have to be... they are saved once and for all immediately.
And as for your second sentence:
"Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God."
Tares among the wheat. They even fool themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.