Jan 22, 2013
Ohio
✟8,378.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Dorthy sue, here's what oracle means.

In Classical Antiquity, an oracle was a person or agency considered to interface wise counsel or prophetic predictions or precognition of the future, inspired by the gods. As such it is a form of divination.
The word oracle comes from the Latin verb ōrāre "to speak" and properly refers to the priest or priestess uttering the prediction. In extended use, oracle may also refer to the site of the oracle, and to the oracular utterances themselves, called khrēsmoi (χρησμοί) in Greek.
Oracles were thought to be portals through which the gods spoke directly to people. In this sense they were different from seers (manteis, μάντεις) who interpreted signs sent by the gods through bird signs, animal entrails, and other various methods.[1]

So...the star was the oracle of God? It set itself up on a plaque thing? Could this be referring to a false prophet of God coming "out of the box" and setting itself up on an alter to be a false prophet?

Upvote 0

dorothysue32

Feb 4, 2013
✟7,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if the star is the oracle of God but the star madillion had the Star of David on it it was bronze and round and the Star of David in the medallion yes it come up out of the box and set its self on a plaque... My friend said for me to pray and The Lord would show me what it meant

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last nite the lord had showed me a star medallion come out of a box and set its self up a plaque like stand thing and the Holy Ghost said an oracle of God would anybody know what this means

I know He will tell you what it means. He doesn't show us a thing and then leave us to our own imaginations.

What bothers me is that the material is bronze, and in the bible this is an inferior metal (as opposed to gold or silver), and the other thing is that it is a Jewish symbol and not a Christian one. This could indicate "Old Testament", as opposed to New.... or as Clay Vessel said, it could apply to Israel, if this fits with something you have been praying about.

I do like where Glorify said it comes "out of the box". It feels right. God doesn't like us to "box in" (limit) Him and what He can do. He does bringsthings up and out and sets them before us....good or bad....so that we can see and understand more clearly.

Where you said "the Holy Ghost said an oracle of God " was this a exact quote "an oracle of God"? Was this a disc-like wall hanging type object, or was it a medallion that one wears around the neck?

Upvote 0

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In this case, the meaning of the word "oracle" would be, according to dictionary.com: a divine communication or revelation. Israel is boxed in on all sides by enemies. It is my belief that they will soon "break out of the box" and with God's help, stop Iran. We'll see.

I think the bronze aspect in interesting, too, Humblewatchman. What do you see?

Upvote 0

dorothysue32

Feb 4, 2013
✟7,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's was the Holy Ghost exact words oracle of God..I like what was said about the box all things will come out... It was a round madillion like they were in the Olympics only it didn't have a chain on it it was round and about the same size as an Olympic madallion.. When I find out what it means I will sure let u all know what it means

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be great, as it is interesting to us too.

Does this vison/dream relate to anything that you have been praying or thinking about lately, or is it just "out of the blue" unrelated to your waking life? Also, did you search on google images to see if you could find anything that looked like it? I didn't find much until I typed; "medallion" of star of david , bronze

Origins of the Star of David

The origins of the Star of David are unclear. We do know that the symbol hasn't always been associated exclusively with Judaism, but was used by Christians and Muslims at various points in history. Sometimes it was even associated with King Solomon instead of King David.

The Star of David is not mentioned in rabbinic literature until the middle ages. It was during the latter part of this era that Kabbalists (Jewish mystics) began to associate the symbol with deeper spiritual meaning. The Star of David was eventually cemented as a Jewish symbol when it became a favorite architectural decoration on Jewish buildings and then during World War II, when Hitler forced Jews to wear a yellow Star of David as a "badge of shame." (Jews were also forced to wear identifying badges during the Middle ages, by the way, though not always a Star of David.)

In the past seventy-five years Jews have reclaimed the symbol, beginning with Zionists who gave the star national significance during the founding of Israel. Today the flag of Israel is a white banner with two horizontal blue lines that have a blue Star of David in the center.

Symbolic Meanings

There are many ideas about the symbolic meaning of the Star of David. Some Kabbalists thought that the six points represented God's absolute rule over the universe in all six directions: north, south, east, west, up and down. They also believed that the triangles represented humanity’s dual nature – good and evil – and that the star could be used as protection against evil spirits.
The structure of the star, with two overlapping triangles, has also been thought to represent the relationship between God and the Jewish people. The star that points up symbolizes God and the star that points down represents us here on earth. Yet others have noticed that there are twelve sides on the triangle, perhaps representing the Twelve Tribes.
The symbol’s association with King David comes mostly from Jewish legend. For instance, there is a midrash which says that when David was a teen he fought the enemy King Nimrod. David's shield was composed of two interlocking triangles attached to the back of a round shield and at one point the battle became so intense that that the two triangles were fused together. David won the battle and the two triangles were henceforth known as the Shield of David. This story, of course, is just one of many!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

humblewatchman

Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
info copied and pasted from Jewish site;

In order to secure the territory of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar brought Jehoiachin and Zedekiah, the two kings of Judah (in succession) and held them in Babylon. In keeping with Assyrian practice, the "New Babylonians," or Chaldeans forced a large part of the Jewish population to relocate. Numbering possibly up to 10,000, these Jewish deportees were largely upper class people and craftspeople; this deportation marks the beginning of the exile in Jewish history.

Are there people leaving or being forced out of the church? It seems to be related...as both applies to the Jewish people, or people of God and divination (one of the definitions of oracle

Or·a·cle

• A priest or priestess acting as a medium through whom advice or prophecy was sought from the gods in classical antiquity.
  • A place at which such advice or prophecy was sought.

Upvote 0

dorothysue32

Feb 4, 2013
✟7,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They have been in the church for about a year now ..it was the day before yesterday that I heard Chaldean it was surely Chaldean I heard it came right out the blue I was in my bathroom crying with a toothache and I hear Chaldean I quit crying and start laughing me crying with a toothache and The Lord speaks to me lol I thought it was funny anyway

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clay Vessel

Mar 11, 2013
NW USA
✟15,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
or·a·cle

/ˈɔr
thinsp.png
ə
thinsp.png
kəl, ˈɒr-/ Show Spelled [awr-uh-kuh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
l, or-] Show IPA
noun 1. (especially in ancient Greece) an utterance, often ambiguous or obscure, given by a priest or priestess at a shrine as the response of a god to an inquiry.
2. the agency or medium giving such responses.
3. a shrine or place at which such responses were given: the oracle of Apollo at Delphi.
4. a person who delivers authoritative, wise, or highly regarded and influential pronouncements.
5. a divine communication or revelation.

Upvote 0