Missionary
Jul 24, 2004
East Anglia
✟38,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We had another rehearsal on Saturday. I felt so angry when they crowned 'Jesus' and mocked him. There was just no need for it.

This certainly didn't bother me before. No filmed account of Christ's death has ever bothered me. But this was just so unfair and unneccessary.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This, too, is part of His story -- all that rottenness that there was just no need for whatsoever. His suffering -- for US -- endears Him to us, sets an example of His forbearance for us, and lets those of us who are getting the short end of the human cruelty stick know that He's not way up there removed and certainly not egging on or condoning the assinine behavior of idiots. Instead He is here in the "trenches" with us, enduring it -- He who is of all ever to live, the least deserving of such treatment.

Upvote 0

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Amazing, Abiel! It is very interesting to hear of your experience. I, too, have had a vision, and it was the most incredible thing - it was 8 years ago, and even if it never happens again, it will remain as real and as fresh and as deep as it was on the day. I still ponder its meaning all the time.

I pray your ministry is blessed!

Upvote 0

Abiel

Missionary
Jul 24, 2004
East Anglia
✟38,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
3. We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead-the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
4. We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
5. We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocency, but by their disobedience they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
7. We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation.
8. We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
9. We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
10. We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
11. We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgment at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.

These are the doctrines of the SA. To be an officer in the SA my teaching must conform to these in public and in private.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
here is the spiritual crisis.

Many times I have heard it said that a spiritual crisis is the result of too shallow roots: of foundations built not deep enough.

This is entirely different. I have nothing left but roots and foundations.

A spiritual crisis is God leading you into greater fellowship with him, as described by St John of the Cross. Nothing whatever to do with having shallow roots.

Dark Night of the Soul | Christian Classics Ethereal Library

A propos of nothing much, my paternal grandmother was SA. She married a Catholic and they compromised by bringing their three kids up Methodist. My Methodist dad then married an Anglican, and that is how I ended up Anglican. But I have great respect for the SA, and the way they live their faith. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.