Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i must be a goof cause i posted my cooking adventures and now it's golf adventures. so laugh it up if you must :D

i just got back from golfing. ohio has been getting hit hard with storms and rain.

today a work buddy of mine and his cousin and me all went out golfing. front nine, was nice. sunny, a little cloudy, hot and humid, but nice.

the back nine? we got done with hole 10, 11 and 12, and my word did the weather change in a heartbeat. all of a sudden, rain is coming down tremendously. we get to the shelter house, and the green we just got done with, was white from all the hail.

it finally started let up-God must have a sense of humor.

we tee off hole 13, get in the middle of the fairway(finally) and look around and the sky is completely dark blue borderline deep purple...total yin yang theory here with the borderline sun next to us. right before we hit our second shot, i look over, and i kid you not, i saw the tornado forming that hit over by the town i lived at. that was the first time, i have ever seen a big funnel cloud forming.

so the idiots that we are, we finish the hole. i'm thinking there is a shelter house on the next hole. so we tee off the next hole and i was wrong. no shelter house.

by this time, the sky was all grey. raining was like a monsoon downpour. borderline hail at times.

but the kicker? our carts died. the one guy's cart died in a mud puddle. so i go over to help push the cart out, and my work buddy, descides to get on the cart and push to we were thinking the club house. mind you, we are all the way in the far back part of the course.

so here we are, one cart is pushing another through downpouring of rain and hail. so we get finally to a cart path, then my work buddy's golf cart died. luckily, there was an abandoned golf cart.

so the other guy, got my work buddy's kids in that cart, and descided that he will take the kids to the club house, and my work buddy and i will figure out something to do to either get back to the shelter house or the club house. so it starts going again, somewhat, and it dies again. so here we are with hail and rain blowing on us stuck in the middle of a fairway with lightening all around and the wind is howling. so my work buddy gets the idea to turn it off and back on. all of a sudden get a little kick and go, but oil burned really bad, and black smoke came around us. beforehand, the other guy had to take off running with the kids because that cart died.

so we had to turn it off and on one more time, and safety came along. with clothes weighing an extra 10 pounds, a pond in our shoes, equipment soaked to no end, we had a great time. :D clothes are all dry now, cause we went back to my work buddy's house and him and his wife dried my clothes for me, and we ate dinner.

so now, i need to take some vitamin and herbs and i hope my work buddy survives any future wrath from the wife :D

golfers gone wild!

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
tattedsaint said:
and wait till my fiancee hears about this one...LOL. maybe i should be prepared for the wrath of a woman :p

9 more days and she'll be here...i think that's enough time to learn some self-defense techniques :p
You're done.

Hey do me a favour... if ever I go with you and a storm is brewing don't ask me to be your caddy!

Did you get the life insurance yet?:p

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
MewtwoX said:
"...Hmm, Bob I'm gonna need a five iron for this one."

"Uh, Sir? There's a tornado forming..."

"Oh? *Looks around* You're right.... better make that a four iron."

"..."

exactly, cause with the wind you need the extra club and since the funnel cloud was decent size but no where close to being touching ground, you figure you have enough time to finish the hole and wait for the sun while the tornado touched down probably around 20 miles away from you :p ;)

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
another laugh, today i played a round of 18. did bad on the front nine, but decent for myself on the back.

on hole 17, i'm waiting for the foursome to get ahead of me before i tee off. a party of 2 behind me, hits a ball bad. i'm sitting there relaxing and waiting, and i hear the bounce, turn and look, notice it coming at me, tried to duck and it hit me in the forehead and bounced to the left of me. thankfully i saw it, because it would have nailed my temple if i didn't.

i laughed about it afterwards, and didn't want to lose my cool because it was an accident and it's the closest golf close near me, only about a 10 min. drive, if that. it hurts, kind of achy even now but not that bad.

so now i have a knot from a supposed safe sport. in return for nailing me with a golf ball and not even yelling "FORE!" their repayment was a light so i could smoke a cigarette. they didn't even know they hit me.

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums