✟16,885.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*Ahem*

Let's keep this to Athanasius, shall we?

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone could come up with some ideas for some kind of group activity to keep us organized and on track. A questionnaire or something might work, but I can't really come up with any ideas right now. Ideas anybody?

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone could come up with some ideas for some kind of group activity to keep us organized and on track. A questionnaire or something might work, but I can't really come up with any ideas right now. Ideas anybody?

Well, maybe not a questionnaire, but if we could all try to come up with a question or two to toss into the mix, that might be good. It could be starter questions like "what is he saying in this section?" or "what did you find most striking in this chapter?" -- or more in-depth questions like -- well, I have a splitting headache right now, so I can't give you an example, but you probably get the idea anyway. :p

Upvote 0

Sojourner<><

Incoherent Freedom Fighter
Mar 23, 2005
✟16,885.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I hear that. Maybe ask people to express each chapter in their own words with a few sentences?

I like that idea. Or may be we can encourage each other to summarize what we think to be the most profound points for each chapter or something. It should be entirely optional though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm reading the book with the introduction by C.S. Lewis.

There are 9 chapters and one conclusion.

That sounds like the one linked from the OP, so you should be fine to keep up with us.

For anyone who is reading a different version, you can check section numbers in the linked version -- those will be consistent from one to another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eccl12.13

Feb 15, 2005
at my computer
Visit site
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, maybe not a questionnaire, but if we could all try to come up with a question or two to toss into the mix, that might be good. It could be starter questions like "what is he saying in this section?" or "what did you find most striking in this chapter?" -- or more in-depth questions like -- well, I have a splitting headache right now, so I can't give you an example, but you probably get the idea anyway. :p

Yeah, I think that we should come up with a standard for the responses to the sections read and then stick that it. I, personally, like the idea of keeping the responses along the lines of a paraphrase in our own words or else the highlights that we each find. A questionnaire is a good idea, but it might be too constrictive. Dunno.

Upvote 0