• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Oops, I screwed up

congregant

Nov 8, 2011
✟15,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For my job, I tutor kids after school through a private company. The services are free for the kids, and the company is reimbursed by the government.

One of the girls I tutored last year, I was assigned to tutor again this year. I was very excited to have her again. She is the fourth grade. We already had a session this week. And, completely unexpectedly, she and her sister attended my church's youth service last night (brought there by their cousin's girlfriend). I wondered if God was putting me in a position to be a positive influence on this student.

But, then there was an issue for the paperwork for our program. In order for students to get tutoring through our program, there is a certain form the parents have to sign beforehand. My company told me that I had to get this signed by Feb. 28th in order that the company would not lose the contract from the school (or something of that nature).

Well, I don't know how, but I completely forgot about that form (and I never have forgotten it before with any student). For some reason, I think I had assumed it had already been done. So, the company told me that unless I go and get the parents to back-date the form to coincide the session we already had, I cannot continue to tutor her, until further notice. They did not sound optimistic.

I think that since it would be lying to back-date the form, I shouldn't do it, and I should accept the consequences of my negligence. But, now I'm obsessing about how it's then my fault that 1) the girl won't get the tutoring that she should, 2) I won't get to be an influence in her life again (not that I would too get pushy about God, more being a good example and casually encouraging her), 3) I have to call the family and explain the situation and apologize, and 4) I lost out on work, my company would not be happy, and I could really use the money from tutoring her.

I'm trying to fight the idea that I really screwed up God's plan and the girl's soul or future is in jeopardy because of my negligence and now unwillingness to lie for her sake.

Any comments?