My mind
✟7,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you'd take the opposite of what Star said, then.;)

As for me, my character has no place in this overpowering conversation. He'd be better chucked with the regular peasants but his ego says otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
As Drama so wonderfully pointed out to me, I need a reason for Nub's fame (or perhaps infamy). So we (mostly him, actually) cooked up a little history for Nub that will explain why Talaveral cares about him so much. Some of your characters would have heard of Nub, so I thought I should just put it here and those who want to read up on it can.

The immediate history following AGoS is hazy, as it will be determined by the actual ending of AGoS, but I would not doubt it if Nub had to serve a short sentence in an Eyerel jail for his crime against the Paladin Order. After that, Nub worked at establishing a small swordshop in Eyrel, but his attempt was slowed by his poor reputation in the city.

After nearly a year and a half of failed attempts at establishing a simple life for himself once again, Nub received a mysterious letter from a man named Ravaillac. After reading its contents Nub realized that it was actually from Phillip, one of his few friends from his adventures in the quest for the Fountain of Youth. It appeared that Phillip was in jail in Zlith and sick. Normally completely unconcerned for the well-being of anyone else, Nub realized he had nothing as it were and decided that rejoining one of the few men on the continent he considered a friend would be refreshing. Taking minimal supplies, Nub set off for Zlith. Upon arriving, Nub found that Philip had already freed himself through bribes, but was unable to escape the jail on his own due to pneumonia. Never the brain of an operation, Nub listened carefully to Phillip's plan and then executed it faithfully. Soon, Phillip and Nub both arrived safely in the house of Ravailliac, one of the few men who dared to remain on Phillip's side during everything.

As always, Phillip soon vanished into the shadows of Zlith, but Nub was not so lucky. News of Phillip's escape reached the ears of the Lord of Zlith. Before any more can be said, a few things have to be understood. First, Zlith is a downright scum of a place to live. In order to survive you have to be a criminal. Those that aren't are killed. Zlith also has a terrible problem with street gangs. The Lord of Zlith had finally tired of the gangs repeated attempts on his life. Hearing stories of the sword-slinging accomplice of Phillip inspired the Lord of Zlith to capture Nub. Nub found that he was the Lord of Zlith's personal guard. Nub did not appreciate being lorded over and commanded, but he did not mind having something to do and his talents being appreciated. Here he was encouraged to do the one thing that gave meaning to his life. Never really questioning the Lord of Zlith's motives, Nub accompanied him everywhere. Barely realizing it, after a year Nub had singlehandedly dispatched of every major gang leader in Zlith and hundreds more gang members.

The Lord of Zlith soon started to advertise to many of the surrounding cities the success of his purgings and never hesitated to point out the true tool of his success (in case any gang member held a grudge, the grudge would be carried out in the right direction). Soon, Nub was a household name among the rich and famous of Christia. Having no true need for him anymore, the Lord of Zlith started to make plans to rent Nub out as a bodyguard to high bidders, expecting to take a cut for himself. Nub caught word of this, however, and was suddenly repulsed by the idea of being handed about as if he were only a tool to an end. After writing a desperate letter to Ravaillac, Nub started to prepare for an escape. When he reached Ravaillac's house, Phillip met Nub and told him of Ember where he could probably escape to and stay relatively anonymous. And Nub's been there since.

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's an even more interesting picture in my head: Mad Mike crawling around and biting at people's knees... :D
If Shadow brings in Mad Mike I'll have to reintroduce Fleer, possibly this time with his friends the Unexceptables. Nah. Too comedic. I'll let you corner that market guys. You do it better any how.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joy_Everlasting

My camera has a photographic memory.
Feb 26, 2005
The Milky Way ~ The Candy Bar of course...
Visit site
✟15,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If Shadow brings in Mad Mike I'll have to reintroduce Fleer, possibly this time with his friends the Unexceptables. Nah. Too comedic. I'll let you corner that market guys. You do it better any how.
That's because we've been practicing for a while with threads about animals and world domination... ;) Plus when you combine Jelly and me, the reaction tends to involve a lot of silly stuff. :D
Mm... yeah, that's about right.

This is really the best way to describe Mad Mike. You know the Muppets? Remember the character Animal? Now make Animal a human berserker with half a sword sticking out his back, and that's Mad Mike.
He has a sword sticking out of his back? :eek: Why? ^_^

Upvote 0
Not entirely sure. The most common story is that he stuck it there himself to prove how tough (some stories say how crazy) he is. But it could also be that he fell asleep on it one night and just never realized that it was there.
Either way, since then the flesh and bone have grown around it and now it can't be pulled out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
We're doing well, people! This is a RAH RAH RAH cheer you up and make you feel good about what you've done so far post.

Okay, the meeting at Nub's shop will be posted tomorrow night. I'll assume everyone's gonna be there for some reason or another. I'll post Nub's return to his house and preparation so you all can walk in so you're ready tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Joy_Everlasting

My camera has a photographic memory.
Feb 26, 2005
The Milky Way ~ The Candy Bar of course...
Visit site
✟15,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a RAH RAH RAH cheer you up and make you feel good about what you've done so far post.
:D I'm cheerful now, just because your classification of your post makes me laugh. ^_^

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

LOL, nice Sam :)

Mm... yeah, that's about right.

This is really the best way to describe Mad Mike. You know the Muppets? Remember the character Animal? Now make Animal a human berserker with half a sword sticking out his back, and that's Mad Mike.

I always preferred the electric mayhem... :) Animal is amazing.

~Star

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.