USA
✟953,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am seeing more and more fake profiles or bots...I think I've been running into a scam where after talking to a woman I ask for her # , she instead asks for mine to be "safe". I do this, and she never calls, but...right after...I get robocalls consistently.

That said, I refuse to give my # out and ask that I have her # instead.

Use Google Voice instead.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

There’s too much information a person can get from your cell phone number. I dated a CTO and he advised me not to share it with anyone. He suggested a burner phone or Google Voice.

The problem is untrustworthiness. It doesn’t make sense to share personal details until you’ve answered the question.

~Bella

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
where people gather
I simply stayed with my church. I fell for one person, but she always had a way of getting involved with someone else. Then I realized my attraction to her was a toys-for-boys thing; and once I got wise to that, I wasn't interested in her.

Then my companion came and I checked her out for a year, then it got romantic. And I find that God's love has us doing as well as we do.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
online dating
I went into a site where you could pen pal and/or try to get a date. I said I was there just to pen pal. But I fell for someone, didn't even see it coming.

Then she told me about her church.

I phoned her pastor, to let him know I was sharing with someone he would care about. I felt I was accountable to him. He was very good for me, and I noted with interest how he said not a word to confirm her.

When I told her we had talked, she sounded like she choked a little bit!

Things turned out, how it would not be wise for me to be with her, to keep it simple.

So, yes it is possible to fall in love with someone I do not belong with.

And it can be good to find who knows the person and is not a yes-person. Yes, I have seen how mentors can be fooled by the ones they mentor and by ones who are dating them. Even a pastor can be fooled into pronouncing ones who don't belong with each other.

Plus, I think I am finding, my own character can have a lot to do with who I am able to connect with. So, whoever I get could be the one God has chosen . . . not because He approves us, but so we can discover with one another how to love.

What I fall in might not be what I need to grow in.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then she told me about her church.

I phoned her pastor, to let him know I was sharing with someone he would care about. I felt I was accountable to him. He was very good for me, and I noted with interest how he said not a word to confirm her.

When I told her we had talked, she sounded like she choked a little bit!

Um, that's an act of stalking. Very creepy dude.

I would consider that a violation of my privacy and sever the connection.
Well, that would mean I am a creepy dude. understood

I had understood that she would trust her pastor and he would want to know about me.

But neither one of them told me I was wrong to call him. But now that you say something, I think I see how I could be like that; thank you :)

I thought I was being accountable.

So, in case I am the creep, I am the proof of how she was not being wise to use the site to get connected with me!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, that would mean I am a creepy dude. understood

I had understood that she would trust her pastor and he would want to know about me.

But neither one of them told me I was wrong to call him.

I thought I was being accountable.

So, in case I am the creep, I am the proof of how she was not being wise to use the site to get connected with me!!

Given the limited information you’ve shared. Mentioning a pastor wouldn’t be viewed as permission to contact him. Especially if the other party wasn’t consulted beforehand. That’s a matter of courtesy and respecting boundaries. It would be no different from someone using the information you shared about a job and doing the same.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums