Upstate New York
✟15,505.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can not think of any although some strange people believe that David and Jonathon had a sexual relationship. Which just goes to show how messed up our society is.

I found this which is so crazy!

"There seem to be some positive accounts of homosexual relationships in the Bible, although the Bible could not categorize them in that way. It seems quite likely that David and Jonathan had a love relationship, as can be gleaned from 1 Sam 18:1-4, 1 Sam. 20:16-17. Saul himself may have had a sexual relationship with David, if an alternate reading of the vowelless Hebrew text in 1 Sam 16:21 is correct. His outburst in 20:30-31 may indicate he is jealous of Jonathan's relationship with David. David's lament for both in 2 Sam. 1:19-27 is very revealing, especially that the love of Jonathan was better than the love of a woman."

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

I can not think of any although some strange people believe that David and Jonathon had a sexual relationship. Which just goes to show how messed up our society is.

That's just it...there are NO positive mentions so people try to fabricate some.

Is there even ONE verse that mentions homosexual behavior in a positive way? Not assumed relationships (could be, what if, etc.), but hard facts. The only mention of homosexuality in the Bible has homosexuals being destroyed by God or condemned.

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35

no matter how you try to twist scripture. It does not and cannot support prejudice, hatred discrimination, even for an unpopular minority like homosexuals.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? I didnt see anything about homosexuals in that verse. Have you found a positive reference to homosexuality in the Bible yet? The only time I see references to homosexuality, they are either being destroyed or condemned.

Upvote 0

GwynApNudd

Apr 3, 2007
✟15,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"A new command I give you: Love [agape] one another. As I have loved [agape] you, so you must love [agape] one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love [agape] one another." John 13:34-35
(Always agape, never eros, or even phileo)
no matter how you try to twist scripture. It does not and cannot support prejudice, hatred discrimination, even for an unpopular minority like homosexuals.

You do not help your cause when you stoop to deliberately committing logical fallacies such as equivocating on the meaning of "love." Granted, most of the posters on the other side wouldn't usually know a logical fallacy if hit them on the side of the head, and you can get away with it, but this is the one instance where they know how to get it right.

You should know better. At least most of the anti-gays have the excuse that they never had to learn how to think.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
You do not help your cause when you stoop to deliberately committing logical fallacies such as equivocating on the meaning of "love." Granted, most of the posters on the other side wouldn't usually know a logical fallacy if hit them on the side of the head, and you can get away with it, but this is the one instance where they know how to get it right.

You should know better. At least most of the anti-gays have the excuse that they never had to learn how to think.

I woudn't name call if I were you, you are operating under the stereotype that "fundies" are religious fools.

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

I'm sorry, did I miss something? I didnt see anything about homosexuals in that verse. Have you found a positive reference to homosexuality in the Bible yet? The only time I see references to homosexuality, they are either being destroyed or condemned.
Obviously you are missing something…the message of Jesus.

To justify your personal prejudices you have to ignore this verse entirely

Upvote 0

GwynApNudd

Apr 3, 2007
✟15,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I woudn't name call if I were you, you are operating under the stereotype that "fundies" are religious fools.

You are right. Stereotyping should be beneath me. I apologize.

Although for the record, I did not stereotype "fundies"; I stereotyped anti-gays. Nor did I call them "fools"; I just said they were never taught how to think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
You are right. Stereotyping should be beneath me. I apologize.

Although for the record, I did not stereotype "fundies"; I stereotyped anti-gays. Nor did I call them "fools"; I just said they were never taught how to think.
I'm anti-gay and I am training in logic, however it's not possible to catch it all the time. And you're right, not everyone is trained in philosophy and they should be.

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

Are you truly willing to pretend that using the bible to justify hatred for an entire minority is in any way an expression of love?

Upvote 0

GwynApNudd

Apr 3, 2007
✟15,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you truly willing to pretend that using the bible to justify hatred for an entire minority is in any way an expression of love?

If that is the way you intended your post to be understood (not that you were responding to the OP's question, but that you were rebuking him) then that is a totally different situation, and I find myself having to apologize twice for the same post.

However, The way I understood your post is the same way that the anti-gays are sure to. The rebuke will go over their heads, and assuming that you were responding the question, they will feel smug in that they understand "love" better than you do.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

My favourite part of the Bible by far, my other half once gave me a plaque of those verses and it is something I shall always treasure. Love is something we can all fail to demonstrate at times, particularly when we feel angered and particularly on this forum. I myself have been unloving myself at times and have not turned the other cheek.

I genuinally can't see how the stance used by some anti-gay people can really believe their definition of love is actual love. "I love you so I shall be rude to you, lie about you using places that publish lies to back it up using my own self-seeking agenda on some occasions". It just seems far from this very beautiful verse in Corinthians and it makes me sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

MrPirate

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

My favourite part of the Bible by far, my other half once gave me a plaque of those verses and it is something I shall always treasure. Love is something we can all fail to demonstrate at times, particularly when we feel angered and particularly on this forum. I myself have been unloving myself at times and have not turned the other cheek.

I genuinally can't see how the stance used by some anti-gay people can really believe their definition of love is actual love. "I love you so I shall be rude to you, lie about you using places that publish lies to back it up using my own self-seeking agenda on some occasions". It just seems far from this very beautiful verse in Corinthians and it makes me sad.
There are many verse those who wish to use the bible to justify their own petty personal prejudices prefer to ignore. The verse you cite is one that is ignored quite a lot.

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

It seems hatred is defined by you as repending of sin and following God.

This thread is touching on at least two Liberal Truths...

Liberal Truth #5 - Despite the fact that the word "repent" (or "repentance") is used 53 times in the New Testament alone, repentance is NOT REALLY necessary as long as we "love"

Liberal Truth #7 - If you think someone is sinning, it means that you either HATE him, or secretly desire to do what he is doing

For a complete listing of Liberal Truths, refer to:
http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=35604950&postcount=412

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

There are many verse those who wish to use the bible to justify their own petty personal prejudices prefer to ignore. The verse you cite is one that is ignored quite a lot.

So I guess the answer is "NO" then? You can't find even ONE verse in the Bible that mentions homosexual sex in a positive way? I just know that every time I see homosexuality mentioned, homosexuals are either being destroyed by God or condemned.

So how about it? You going to keep ignoring the question?

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

So I guess the answer is "NO" then? You can't find even ONE verse in the Bible that mentions homosexual sex in a positive way? I just know that every time I see homosexuality mentioned, homosexuals are either being destroyed by God or condemned.

why did you ask for “one verse” if you are unwilling to look past your own personal prejudices and honestly read what is presented?

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

why did you ask for “one verse” if you are unwilling to look past your own personal prejudices and honestly read what is presented?

So is that a "NO" then? You cant find even ONE verse that mentions homosexual sex in a positive way? I'll honestly read anything you give me. Find me ONE verse.

Upvote 0