One Step Beyond......

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Oh no, ChrisB. The church which doesn't want to do anything that it hasn't done in 500 years is now chucking whole books out the windows? :cry: Is there anything sillier than to be "modern" in this age. Sort of like if my mother tried to dress like a teenager!

Upvote 0

Marissa

Feb 15, 2004
✟16,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For example, out goes "Give us this day our daily bread", from the Lord's Prayer and in comes a line about God "giving us our daily bread when we manage to get back our lands or get a fairer wage".

Because God can't manage to feed his children in those circumstances?

*has vague memory of manna coming out of the sky for the Isrealites"

Christian Aid, which has helped put together the prayer book, said on Wednesday the reworking was aimed at encouraging a new perspective.

If God got it wrong the first time, why are they following him? That doesn't make any sense. I feel for them. It must be limiting to have such a small God. (They're certainly don't worship the christian God.)

My God is an awesome God. He doesn't need a practice run to get things right.

Upvote 0

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, too many Christians are listening to the false teachings of the world and are buying into secularism:

3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

2 Timothy 4:3-5

Upvote 0

Asar'el

Jun 3, 2004
Christchurch, NZ
✟2,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A typical trick of the devil is to disguise things by putting on a semblance of good... even so changes are proposed that have (at least to some) reasonable ideas behind them. Usually these ideas are 'tolerance' and 'understanding' - which, of themselves, are very fine ideas. However, when they do violence to other, more important things (like when they cast doubt on the character of God, and on His word to His church ...), such things should be rejected.
Surely it is the height of arrogance of man to think we can do better than God ... but that is exactly what is usually done when changes are made to bring things in perspective, or modern context - or, as on this site, "to show people how biblical scriptures are transposed in the Third World".

Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
Paula said:
Unfortunately, too many Christians are listening to the false teachings of the world and are buying into secularism:

3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

2 Timothy 4:3-5

Amen, Paula!

Upvote 0