Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This group had at least one song make the charts every year from 1958 to 1973. Their song Soldier Boy hit number 1 on the charts.
What's your source for that? That's amazing.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
How about "Ringo" by Lorne Greene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBWbKJVaZhA

He had a remarkable voice. "Bonanza" was dubbed into Japanese and flopped. They then redubbed Greene's voice with the most famous Japanese actor of the day and it was a hit. During WW2 he was a newsreader for CBC radio and was known as "the Voice of Doom" because he read the casualty lists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well; that's what I get for using youtubes "One hit wonders" List!:confused:
That is probably a good place to start. But it is worth checking the group to be sure it didn't get there because it was just the only song someone thought of for the group.

I don't know if this qualifies. But it is interesting. It may be the only song by the group that is not (legitimately in my opinion) objectionable to Christians. Many here don't even want to know teh titles of the other songs on the album.

Here is the wiki on the song.

One Tin Soldier - Wikipedia

3 different groups hit the top 25 on some chart with it. I know it is the Coven cover is teh highest rated song they had and suspect it is also the highest on the charts for teh other 2 groups too.

I think the message of the song is positive and the only thing I can think of that a Christian might object to is teh line There won't be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day, on the bloody morning after one tin soldier rides away.

Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the message of the song is positive and the only thing I can think of that a Christian might object to is teh line There won't be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day, on the bloody morning after one tin soldier rides away.

Didn't bother me.

But I had multiple relatives in Vietnam, and I'd seen PTSD first hand by then.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well; that's what I get for using youtubes "One hit wonders" List!:confused:

I'm finding out that going to a real one hit wonder and letting youtube autoselect after that is a pretty good way to find other one hit wonders. I think this is one. At least for the U.S. and Canada charts. She did hit #1 on the Australian charts with a song.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Many here don't even want to know teh titles of the other songs on the album.
I think you're referring to their debut album. And yes, I do object to this song, because...hippies.

Upvote 0