On Multiple Identities Within One Body

What happens upon death of a body containing multiple identities if only one is Christian?

• Body contains multiple souls, each going to the appropriate place upon death.

• Only one soul which will go to hell.

• Only one soul which will go to heaven.

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarolHanson

Apr 12, 2017
Capitol Hill
✟8,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now as to your question about ultimate salvation; it is clear that no demonic entity will be saved. If you (the core personality) has called on the Name of the Lord, you are saved. (Acts 2.21, Rom 10.13; quoting Joel 2.32a) I would think that would include every shred and sliver of the REAL YOU.

I am not the core personality. We believe the core personality is the current host (the one who fronts most often), as they identify with the name and appearance of the body.

Upvote 0

CarolHanson

Apr 12, 2017
Capitol Hill
✟8,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow what a question. Do you 'know' the other alters? I mean do you experience what they experience in some sense, or are you all completely separate, as if you were living in different bodies? If the latter, do you communicate with each other?

Yes I do know many of the others. I take care of our two child alters like a parent, I am friends with some of the others, and I don't get on very well with some. We function as if we're separate people, but of course we share a body, and the barriers between us can become permeable at times, we might experience an emotion from another alter for example. We share a metaphorical area inside the mind known as the inner world or headspace. This is different for every system (and some don't have one at all), some have a single room, some have an entire continent. For us it is a series of buildings, a river, and a forest. There is also an underground cave system which I do not have access to. For a long time the inner world was very vague and dreamlike for us, and we were extremely separated so we didn't communicate. Once we became more aware that we were part of a system the inner world became more real, many of us started living together, and we can talk to each other there as if we were standing in front of each other in the external world. However the host, or the alter fronting the most, doesn't have a lot of access to the inner world. When one alter is fronting, there is a possibility for one or more others to be close to the front, so aware of some of what is going on externally and somewhat able to communicate with the fronter. We can also share the front, having more or less equal control of the body, and communicate with thoughts that way. Being close to the front or cofronting, particularly on purpose, takes a lot of effort and usually requires that the fronter experience something that will bring us forward, for example playing our favourite song or, in the case of the children, watching a cartoon. We also communicate using external tools such as sticky notes. This was very helpful when we didn't have our internal communication methods worked out. It takes a lot of practice to communicate internally.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do know many of the others. I take care of our two child alters like a parent, I am friends with some of the others, and I don't get on very well with some. We function as if we're separate people, but of course we share a body, and the barriers between us can become permeable at times, we might experience an emotion from another alter for example. We share a metaphorical area inside the mind known as the inner world or headspace. This is different for every system (and some don't have one at all), some have a single room, some have an entire continent. For us it is a series of buildings, a river, and a forest. There is also an underground cave system which I do not have access to. For a long time the inner world was very vague and dreamlike for us, and we were extremely separated so we didn't communicate. Once we became more aware that we were part of a system the inner world became more real, many of us started living together, and we can talk to each other there as if we were standing in front of each other in the external world. However the host, or the alter fronting the most, doesn't have a lot of access to the inner world. When one alter is fronting, there is a possibility for one or more others to be close to the front, so aware of some of what is going on externally and somewhat able to communicate with the fronter. We can also share the front, having more or less equal control of the body, and communicate with thoughts that way. Being close to the front or cofronting, particularly on purpose, takes a lot of effort and usually requires that the fronter experience something that will bring us forward, for example playing our favourite song or, in the case of the children, watching a cartoon. We also communicate using external tools such as sticky notes. This was very helpful when we didn't have our internal communication methods worked out. It takes a lot of practice to communicate internally.

Interesting. I would imagine that those parts are all expressions or reflections of one person - ? Just pushed into that mode of being through, as you said, sustained trauma. A god who started the universe would certainly be able to take that in his stride, so I wouldn't worry on that account.
Have you ever read any of Haruki Murakami's books or stories? He explores issues that are kind of related, the boundaries between expressions of consciousness. He sees the writer's art as going down into the basement of the mind and walking around with your eyes open, then finding ways to translate that into fiction. I mention him mainly because part of his way of thinking (as he has said in other words in interviews) is that rigid conceptions of reality are often cultural or time specific, rather than complete or even useful beyond the situation they grow out of, but he also manages to maintain that way of thinking in a disciplined way and function within it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0