Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, if you and my mom were in danger, I will save my mom first.
We are to put others ahead of our-self. Jesus so loved the World that He gave Himself so that we could all be saved. The problem with putting family first is that we are asked what credit is that to you?

Luke 6:32-36 (NIV)
32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When Jesus was baptized the Holy Spirit was given to him. The heavens parted from which as a dove the Spirit descended and God said it was in him His beloved Son who he was well-pleased. As the Son of God Jesus is blessed, but he's also our Lord and Savior who gave his life for us. Not only did he serve to fulfill the Father's will but was sent by God to die on the cross for our salvation.

Similarly Jesus on the cross had gave John and Mary as son and mother. Wouldn't this show of love from him to them be an example of how more is given to those who love him? And if we love him as the Father loves him, we'd as much love those of him? (John 19:27)

Upvote 0