North America
✟167,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Long before any Mosaic covenant Adam sinned against His creators God breathed rule. Point: No Mosaic law doesn't mean, No, laws at all.

The Mosaic covenant was between God & the Nation of Israel only (Ex 19:3 & ALL the Israelis Agreed to it Ex 19:8)

Under the Mosaic Covenant obedience to it's law ordinances brought blessings, disobedience curses (Deut 28). It's Levitical sacrificial sin management system only covered & couldn't take away sin (Heb 10:1-4) & was in fact, a constant reminder of sin.

No person alive today has any relationship or obligation to the Mosaic law covenant. Why? It was retired Matt 27:51 (see below) whereby rendered OBSOLETE - Heb 7:21, 22, 8:13, 9:15.

Matt 27:51 And [at once] the veil [of the Holy of Holies] of the temple was [l]torn in two from top to bottom; the earth shook and the rocks were split apart.
(MY NOTE: Next, the New Covenant/Melchizedek sin administration Priesthood begins in resurrection power. 3 days later it's 1st new covenant implementation is seen in (Acts 2:4)

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled [that is, diffused throughout their being] with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (different languages), as the Spirit was giving them the ability to speak out [clearly and appropriately].

New Covenant Implementation > Holy Spirit of God indwells believers = New Covenant administrator/Jesus (Matt 3:11, Mk 1:8, Lk 3:16, Acts 1:5).

God's Holy presents no longer dwells (nor ever again will) in a Tabernacle or Temple (Mosaic covenant) inner sanctuary/Holy of Holies.

Every believer is now a Temple where a Holy God's Spirit forever indwells. (1 Cor 6:19)

Hebrews 9:
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Faith in Christ's blood brings eternal redemption for us.!)

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: Jesus is mediator of new testament/covenant. Under this New Melchizedek sin administration. Not only are sins removed, Our great High Priest can impute His rifgteousnss onto the believer, providing eternal life)

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
(MY NOTE: Christ had to die & rise to redeem anyone before they could receive the promise of eternal salvation)

The night before a sinless Jesus paid sins required wage/death
Matt 26:28 (AMP) For this is My blood of the new covenant, which ratifies the agreement and is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Matt 26:28 (KJV) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

The dividing point between 2 covenants is: Christs death & resurrection.

Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the hostility caused by the Law with its commandments contained in ordinances [which He satisfied]; so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thereby establishing peace.
(MY NOTE: It's not every heavenly law that Christ's sin atoning death abolished. ALL Mosaic sin debt law ordinances.)

Col 2:
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
(MY NOTE: At conversion/salvation Christ placed His Holy Spirit in you, simultaneously, He forgave all your sins Past-Present-Future & imputed His Righteousness onto you. Whereby you are now the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.
(MY NOTE: By canceling ALL your sins any legal law ordinance in Mosaic laws power to collect, is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Jesus paid your debt owed at Calvary)

Gal 3:
16 Now the promises [in the covenants] were decreed to Abraham and to his seed. God does not say, “And to seeds (descendants, heirs),” as if [referring] to many [persons], but as to one, “And to your Seed,” who is [none other than] Christ.
(MY NOTE: God made covenant promises to Abraham. All of which pointed to Christ our Savior)

17 This is what I mean: the Law, which came into existence four hundred and thirty years later [after the covenant concerning the coming Messiah], does not and cannot invalidate the covenant previously established by God, so as to abolish the promise
(MY NOTE: God made/ESTABLISHED covenant promises to Abraham 430 years before Sinai & the Sinai covenant. Cannot/doesnot/didnot invalidate the covenant previously established by Gods promises)

God charged/imputed/credited righteousness onto Abraham via faith/belief (Gen 15:6, Rom 4:22, Gal 3:6, Ja 2:23)

Rom 4:11 Abraham received the sign of circumcision, a seal or confirmation of the righteousness which he had by faith while [he was still] uncircumcised—this was so that he would be the [spiritual] father of all who believe without being circumcised—so that righteousness would be credited to them,

Rom 5:13 Sin was [committed] in the world before the Law [was given], but sin is not charged [against anyone] when there is no law [against it].
(MY NOTE: Sin isn't charged/imputed/credited apart from Mosaic law-that no one living to is under)

Jn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Grace = our undeserved/unworked for favor/blessing from God. Is accessed through our faith placed in Christ's sin atoning death & resurrection)

Rom 2:14 (A) When Gentiles, who do not have the Law [since it was given only to Jews]
(MY NOTE: Gentiles were never under/had Mosaic law)

Rom 6:14 For sin will no longer be a master over you, since you are not under Law [as slaves], but under [unmerited] grace [as recipients of God’s favor and mercy].
(MY NOTE: Written to believers Rom 1:7. You're NOT under Mosaic law!)

Rom 4:15 For the Law results in [God’s] wrath [against sin], but where there is no law, there is no violation [of it either].

Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law and its penalty, having died [through Christ] to that by which we were held captive, so that we serve [God] in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter [of the Law].

Rom 8:
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].

2 For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

3 For what the Law could not do [that is, overcome sin and remove its penalty, its power] being weakened by the flesh [man’s nature without the Holy Spirit], God did: He sent His own Son in the likeness of sinful man as an offering for sin. And He condemned sin in the flesh [subdued it and overcame it in the person of His own Son],

A glimpse at new covenant law:

Ja 2:8 If, however, you are [really] fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, if you have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit]” you are doing well.

Rom 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another; for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor has fulfilled the [essence of the] law.

Gal 5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one precept, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].

1 Cor 13:
4 Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant.

5 It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured.

6 It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail].

7 Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening].

(MY NOTE: Love; patiently endues, is always kind, truthful & forgiving.

Love is never jealous, envious, boastful, proud, arrogant, rude selfish, provoked, vindictive.

Beyond loving God 1st & you're brother. New covenant is a system built on merit & reward, not punishment. (1 Cor 3:10-15, Matt 19:27-30)

Last edited:

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Long before any Mosaic covenant Adam sinned against His creators God breathed rule. Point: No Mosaic law doesn't mean, No, laws at all.
Thanks for the great post. . .small clarification. . .

Only one law had been given to mankind, "Thou shalt not eat of it."
That law is obsolete.

No Mosaic law means no law to mankind from the Fall to Moses.
The Mosaic covenant was between God & the Nation of Israel only (Ex 19:3 & ALL the Israelis Agreed to it Ex 19:8)

Under the Mosaic Covenant obedience to it's law ordinances brought blessings, disobedience curses (Deut 28). It's Levitical sacrificial sin management system only covered & couldn't take away sin (Heb 10:1-4) & was in fact, a constant reminder of sin.

No person alive today has any relationship or obligation to the Mosaic law covenant. Why? It was retired Matt 27:51 (see below) whereby rendered OBSOLETE - Heb 7:21, 22, 8:13, 9:15.

Matt 27:51 And [at once] the veil [of the Holy of Holies] of the temple was [l]torn in two from top to bottom; the earth shook and the rocks were split apart.
(MY NOTE: Next, the New Covenant/Melchizedek sin administration Priesthood begins in resurrection power. 3 days later it's 1st new covenant implementation is seen in (Acts 2:4)

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled [that is, diffused throughout their being] with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (different languages), as the Spirit was giving them the ability to speak out [clearly and appropriately].

New Covenant Implementation > Holy Spirit of God indwells believers = New Covenant administrator/Jesus (Matt 3:11, Mk 1:8, Lk 3:16, Acts 1:5).

God's Holy presents no longer dwells (nor ever again will) in a Tabernacle or Temple (Mosaic covenant) inner sanctuary/Holy of Holies.

Every believer is now a Temple where a Holy God's Spirit forever indwells. (1 Cor 6:19)

Hebrews 9:
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Faith in Christ's blood brings eternal redemption for us.!)

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: Jesus is mediator of new testament/covenant. Under this New Melchizedek sin administration. Not only are sins removed, Our great High Priest can impute His rifgteousnss onto the believer, providing eternal life)

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
(MY NOTE: Christ had to die & rise to redeem anyone before they could receive the promise of eternal salvation)

The night before a sinless Jesus paid sins required wage/death
Matt 26:28 (AMP) For this is My blood of the new covenant, which ratifies the agreement and is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Matt 26:28 (KJV) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

The dividing point between 2 covenants is: Christs death & resurrection.

Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the hostility caused by the Law with its commandments contained in ordinances [which He satisfied]; so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thereby establishing peace.
(MY NOTE: It's not every heavenly law that Christ's sin atoning death abolished. ALL Mosaic sin debt law ordinances.)

Col 2:
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
(MY NOTE: At conversion/salvation Christ placed His Holy Spirit in you, simultaneously, He forgave all your sins Past-Present-Future & imputed His Righteousness onto you. Whereby you are now the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.
(MY NOTE: By canceling ALL your sins any legal law ordinance in Mosaic laws power to collect, is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Jesus paid your debt owed at Calvary)

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Jn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Grace = our undeserved/unworked for favor/blessing from God. Is accessed through our faith placed in Christ's sin atoning death & resurrection)

Rom 2:14 (A) When Gentiles, who do not have the Law [since it was given only to Jews]
(MY NOTE: Gentiles were never under/had Mosaic law)
Rom 6:14 For sin will no longer be a master over you, since you are not under Law [as slaves], but under [unmerited] grace [as recipients of God’s favor and mercy].
(MY NOTE: Written to believers Rom 1:7. You're NOT under Mosaic law!)

Rom 4:15 For the Law results in [God’s] wrath [against sin], but where there is no law, there is no violation [of it either].
Another small clarification. . .

In context, this verse does not refer either to the New Covenant or the Old Covenant, but to the time between Adam and Moses when there was no law.
There is law in the New Covenant, but not for salvation.
And that law is the two commandments of Jesus (Matthew 22:37-41), which incorporate the Decalogue, which is fulfilled in obeying Jesus' two commands.
Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law and its penalty, having died [through Christ] to that by which we were held captive, so that we serve [God] in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter [of the Law].

Rom 8:
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].

2 For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

3 For what the Law could not do [that is, overcome sin and remove its penalty, its power] being weakened by the flesh [man’s nature without the Holy Spirit], God did: He sent His own Son in the likeness of sinful man as an offering for sin. And He condemned sin in the flesh [subdued it and overcame it in the person of His own Son],

A glimpse at new covenant law:

Ja 2:8 If, however, you are [really] fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, if you have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit]” you are doing well.

Rom 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another; for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor has fulfilled the [essence of the] law.

Gal 5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one precept, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].

1 Cor 13:
4 Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant.

5 It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured.

6 It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail].

7 Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening].

(MY NOTE: Love; patiently endues, is always kind, truthful & forgiving.

Love is never jealous, envious, boastful, proud, arrogant, rude selfish, provoked, vindictive.
Beyond loving God 1st & you're brother. The new covenant is a system built on merit & reward. ( 1 Cor 3:10-15, Matt 19:27-30)
If I may elaborate on your excellent point. . .

Just for the record: salvation is, of course, not built on merit, and is not a reward for work well done.

But regarding our Christian life, 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 is about what we do with with it. We are responsible for what we do as Christians (2 Corinthians 5:10).

Paul laid a good foundation (preaching Christ and him crucified), and built on it with gold, silver and costly stones (pure Christian doctrine and living), and not with wood, hay and stubble (weak, insipid teaching and way of life). The work of some believers will stand the test while that of others will disappear--which is why it is important to teach the pure word of God. If one's work disappears in the fire which tests its quality, he will suffer loss of its reward, but he himself will be saved as one escaping through the flames (vernacular: saved by the skin of his teeth).

Matthew 19:27-30 is about the saints reigning with Christ now (Ephesians 2:6), and the saints judging the world and the angels with Christ (1 Corinthians 6:2-3), which Jesus presented to Peter as reward, and in terms of Israel, which were the only terms applicable before Jesus' death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some clarity on this part of my post:
"Beyond loving God 1st & you're brother. New covenant is a system built on merit & reward, not punishment. (1 Cor 3:10-15, Matt 19:27-30)".

Again, to be clear:
Salvation is by grace through faith. God's grace & our faith/belief/confidence in Jesus work. He did ALL the work. We have no part in salvation outside our faith.

After salvation heavens new covenant system of operation is a meritocracy. It's not a collective payday where we all receive the same reward.

Matt 10:42 Even a drink of water given in his name, receives a reward.

Lk 19:
12 Jesus said; A nobleman went to a distant country to obtain for himself a kingdom, and [then] to return.
(MY NOTE: Jesus went to heaven & He will soon return)

13 So he called ten of his servants, and gave them ten minas [one apiece, each equal to about a hundred days’ wages] and said to them, ‘Do business [with this] until I return.
(MY NOTE: The nobleman/Jesus give His Spirit (by grace thru faith, not because of works so e can't boast: Eph 2:8-9) to continue His work = Revealing God's grace/plan)

15 When he returned, after receiving the kingdom, he ordered that these servants, to whom he had given the money, be called to him, that he might find out what business they had done.
(MY NOTE: When the nobleman/Jesus returns, every believers works will be judged (judgment seat of Christ: Rom 14:10, 2 Cor 5:10, Phil 1:6, 1 Cor 1:8 = believers only. This isn't the White Throne Judgment: Rev 20:11-13 = Christ rejecting non-believers only.)

16 The first one came before him and said, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten more minas.
(MY NOTE: This person rounded up 10 people via your Word/Work)

17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you proved yourself faithful and trustworthy in a very little thing, you shall [now] have authority over ten cities [in my kingdom].
(MY NOTE: 10 people earned authority over ten cities)

18 The second one came and said, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’
(MY NOTE: This person rounded up 5 people via your Word/Work)

19 And he said to him also, ‘And you shall take charge over five cities.’
(MY NOTE: People earned authority over 5 cities)

26 [Jesus explained,] ‘I tell you that to everyone who has [because he valued his gifts from God and has used them wisely], more will be given; but from the one who does not have [because he disregarded his gifts from God], even what he has will be taken away.’
(MY NOTE: The person that worked the hardest received more reward)

Matt 19:
27 Then Peter answered Him, saying, “Look, we have given up everything and followed You [becoming Your disciples and accepting You as Teacher and Lord]; what then will there be for us?”
(MY NOTE: Peter asks Jesus what do I get for my work done for you?)

28 Jesus said to them, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, in the renewal [that is, the Messianic restoration and regeneration of all things] when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you [who have followed Me, becoming My disciples] will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
(MY NOTE: Jesus didn't scold Peter or tell his the His grace was enough. Jesus said, you gave Much & your Reward will be Great! You'll sit on a throne & judge on my behalf)

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother [d]or children or farms for My name’s sake will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.
(MY NOTE: Jesus said, I pay based on merit & my return on investment is exponential to your input).

1 Cor 3:
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(NOTE: Rewards are given based on work done in Christ's name)

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(NOTE: Gold & silver = Good works done in Christ's name. Hay, wood & stubble = no works, selfish works, even bad works)

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(NOTE: Every work good & bad will be tested)

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(NOTE: Good works done in Christ's name will receive a reward)

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(NOTE: Hay, wood & stubble deeds will burn-up bringing, shame & loss = """OF REWARDS""" not SALVATION)

Rereading verse 15: He "Will SUFFER LOSS", though he "HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED"

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Matt, Lk & 1 Cor posted all prove: After salvation (100% Christ's doing) good work done receives reward, negative works could result in losing a previously given reward. The exception is your salvation. You can never lose that. Christ will never break His promises/covenants.

Upvote 0