Visit site
✟435,870.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This incredible bard is well worth learning a little about and listening to (died 1997).

Okudzhava's songs were defining for a few generations of Soviet folk that sought to hear anything beyond official propaganda, and here was someone who managed to speak about important things and express them 'outside the box'.

Here is an amazing collection of his songs online! Get them while they last! I'm serious - it ain't always easy to get original songs sung by this man in his own voice!

It's really, really hard to single out individual songs - most of them are solid gold - but #s 1, 7, 14 and 15 are especially, je ne sais quoi, deep and poignant. 14 is about the old Arbat street of Starbucks fame. 23 is on the death of Vladimir Vysotsky, another awesome bard.

Here's one page in English I found on a quick search:http://vagalecs.narod.ru/Okudzh.htm
#7 is called "The Blue Air Balloon" on this page.

It would be work, but if anyone is genuinely interested, I can put texts in English together with at least some of the songs, maybe even transliterations...

Status
Not open for further replies.