up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does this mean people of gender persuasion that can actually reproduce together, must now add an extra degree of responsibility to their lives? Is this a slap in the face of self entitlement and perhaps a reverse in trends?

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
How do you think this manipulation of emotions will play out in the coming election?
I'm more interested in seeing how it plays out in Oklahoma. "From conception" will be tricky to enforce, especially by civil suit.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I just read the law. This appears to be a civil law and not a criminal one. So no jail time is part of this. It does not go on anyone's criminal record. The other point is it appears that the civil suit has to be filed by a person and not by the state.

Does this mean that a neighbor can sue another for having an abortion? Am I reading this law correctly?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm more interested in seeing how it plays out in Oklahoma. "From conception" will be tricky to enforce, especially by civil suit.
Possibly so but these recent events definitely can prove advantageous to one particular party come election time. People are so easily swayed and incited while they overlook being manipulated. People see it as an emotional event while their manipulators see it as votes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I just read the law. This appears to be a civil law and not a criminal one. So no jail time is part of this. It does not go on anyone's criminal record. The other point is it appears that the civil suit has to be filed by a person and not by the state.

Does this mean that a neighbor can sue another for having an abortion? Am I reading this law correctly?
That's the whole point. Same as Texas law. Anyone at all can sue you for abetting an abortion (an abortion you might not even know about--say you gave the woman next door a lift to the bus station where she caught a bus out of state for the procedure). The evidence standards are much more lax in civil cases and even if you won you would face serious legal expenses. It's a genius scheme and should result in some notorious court cases..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you think this manipulation of emotions will play out in the coming election?
I’m sure it will motivate voters on both sides of the issue which makes the outcome difficult to predict.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Citizens should be incentivized to keep watchful eye on each other and sue to collect rewards. I can see this creating a happy harmonious society.
The very foundation of the social credit system being tested in China

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That's the whole point. Same as Texas law. Anyone at all can sue you for abetting an abortion (an abortion you might not even know about--say you gave the woman next door a lift to the bus station where she caught a bus out of state for the procedure). The evidence standards are much more lax in civil cases and even if you won you would face serious legal expenses. It's a genius scheme and should result in some notorious court cases..

Well the Oklahoma law doesn't allow for a suit against someone a lift to the bus station or whatever if you did not know the person was going to get an abortion. You have to know.

It seems that civil suits would be the way to go unless people were really in favor of making it a criminal offense.

The benefit of a civil offense is you also could be charged legal fees if the suit you filed was frivolous. So if I sued my neighbor just cause, I could end up paying all the fees.

I would think someone would really have to be sure about it before filing a suit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Right now we can all sue anyone for anything. So I don't see how this really changes anything as to what's current. You want to sue me for having an abortion and have no evidence? Guess who is going to be paying my legal bills.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Add Oklahoma to the list of states women need to leave.

Yeah I'm sure that's going to happen. Cause we all know just how much women live in states solely because abortion is the most important issue for them.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

Oh, and here's the icing on the cake. If you lose, you have to pay his legal expenses (plus a $10,000 gratuity) as well as your own. If he loses, the state pays. It's open season on your neighbor now and remember; "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply in civil court. This is all going to be great fun, and I'll bet that even now Law School deans are mulling over courses in how to handle these cases. :)

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I'm sure that's going to happen. Cause we all know just how much women live in states solely because abortion is the most important issue for them.
No, it's just one more social indicator.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0