Visit site
✟25,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
is it ok to eat home made tapioca pudding while pregnant?? stupid question huh? well i ask b/c i read not to eat an under done egg or like cookie dough or anything, and the pudding has egg in it. i cooked it till it boiled but dont know... well...

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not have the answer for that lol, I did eat cookie dough while pregnant with seth lol, Also do not eat peanuts or peanut butter while pregnant, Why? because the baby could be allergic and could harm them.

Upvote 0

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
okiemommy26 said:
I ate peanuts and peanut butter while i was prego with both
Not all babies get this, but some babies will have an allergic reaction to it. My doctor and a few women I worked with at the time told me "Melissa, DO NOT eat peanut butter nor peanuts, the baby might be allergic to it." I would ask the doc and get him to jot down a list of things of what you cannot eat while pregnant.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
You cooked it until it was boiled, therefore the egg is cooked. I ate cookie dough when pregnant and oooops, there is nothing wrong with my son. I also ate a few other things that you shouldn't really eat, but he is perfectly fine.

The only thing I would recommend is making sure that you pay good attention to hygiene and not eating leftovers that have been sitting too long or not rehated properly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The pudding was boiled right? Well that's fine to eat then.
The reason why raw eggs are bad during pregnancy is because there is a small chance of getting salmonella (food poisoning) from them. This is why mayonnaise, cookie dough, uncooked cake mix etc should be avoided. If they've been cooked the food poisoning bacteria that may or may not be in them are killed and so there's no risk of harm.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2004
Visit site
✟25,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
starelda said:
The pudding was boiled right? Well that's fine to eat then.
The reason why raw eggs are bad during pregnancy is because there is a small chance of getting salmonella (food poisoning) from them. This is why mayonnaise, cookie dough, uncooked cake mix etc should be avoided. If they've been cooked the food poisoning bacteria that may or may not be in them are killed and so there's no risk of harm.
so its fine then? i cooked it and now its in the fridge cold and its ok... ok! i just didnt know...:scratch: lol

Upvote 0

Manna

Jul 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
✟6,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am just being very cautious...
Good for you!! It is so refreshing to see a mother-to-be taking precautions such as these. I have a handful of pregnant friends, and they eat whatever they choose (even the big no-no's) and do things that could possibly harm the baby because they don't want to take anything away from themselves. I'm sorry, but my thought is that my selfish days were over the minute my baby was conceived. As mothers, our prioirity is now our children, and it just makes me sick that they are willing to endanger their kids in order to enjoy a cigarette...

Alright, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start venting. Back to the original intent of this message: Good for you, mstodd! This baby is lucky to have you as a mama, and I'm sure this pregnancy is going to go well. Keep taking care of yourself, and feel a hug from us!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 12, 2004
Visit site
✟25,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good for you!! It is so refreshing to see a mother-to-be taking precautions such as these. I have a handful of pregnant friends, and they eat whatever they choose (even the big no-no's) and do things that could possibly harm the baby because they don't want to take anything away from themselves. I'm sorry, but my thought is that my selfish days were over the minute my baby was conceived. As mothers, our prioirity is now our children, and it just makes me sick that they are willing to endanger their kids in order to enjoy a cigarette...

Alright, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start venting. Back to the original intent of this message: Good for you, mstodd! This baby is lucky to have you as a mama, and I'm sure this pregnancy is going to go well. Keep taking care of yourself, and feel a hug from us!

i agree with you.... i see so many pregnant women that dfont really care what they do or eat.... I want to be cautious and everything thats good for me only... i want this baby safe and healthy..

Upvote 0