Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems pretty obvious what's happening here but Democrats literally don't care and will defend Joe regardless.
What's pretty obvious is that you, the OP, and a few others can't manage to look at the specifics of what's shown here and discern what isn't shown. That form doesn't say what you guys seem to think it does, yet in your never-ending quest to pin something on Biden, you've again chosen to fill in the blanks for yourselves in the way that best suits your pre-conceived notions.

ProTip: When Breitbart is undercutting your conspiracy theory, you probably ought to move on.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's pretty obvious is that you, the OP, and a few others can't manage to look at the specifics of what's shown here and discern what isn't shown. That form doesn't say what you guys seem to think it does, yet in your never-ending quest to pin something on Biden, you've again chosen to fill in the blanks for yourselves in the way that best suits your pre-conceived notions.

ProTip: When Breitbart is undercutting your conspiracy theory, you probably ought to move on.
It is truly hilarious that some people can believe every msm rumor about Trump even though they have been proven to be baseless time and time again, and yet when the same msm says something about Biden they all of a sudden become capable of the critical thinking that they seldom use and totaly failed to apply for the past 5+ years

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is truly hilarious that some people can believe every msm rumor about Trump even though they have been proven to be baseless time and time again, and yet when the same msm says something about Biden they all of a sudden become capable of the critical thinking that they seldom use and totaly failed to apply for the past 5+ years
I have neither believed nor repeated every rumor about Trump despite the fact that I thought it would've been hilarious if some of them (e.g. the peepee tape) had been real. He's had enough easily-verifiable failings that I've never felt compelled to jump on any bandwagons like what you've described. I have always tried to exercise this sort of discernment and critical thinking, which is why I have zero qualms about calling out you guys for completely failing to do so.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have neither believed nor repeated every rumor about Trump despite the fact that I thought it would've been hilarious if some of them (e.g. the peepee tape) had been real. He's had enough easily-verifiable failings that I've never felt compelled to jump on any bandwagons like what you've described. I have always tried to exercise this sort of discernment and critical thinking, which is why I have zero qualms about calling out you guys for completely failing to do so.
interesting while calling out posters here is a violation of the rules, I cannot help but wonder if you called out any of the many posters who in the past did exactly what you are objecting to or is it only when the post concerns Biden that is objectionable?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
interesting while calling out posters here is a violation of the rules, I cannot help but wonder if you called out any of the many posters who in the past did exactly what you are objecting to or is it only when the post concerns Biden that is objectionable?
No, like virtually everybody else on this site, save for maybe 3-or-so, my public objections of this nature tend to skew in favor of my tribe.

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟272,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Was Hunter making monthly payments of $49,910 to his father? On a home that is currently valued at $1,380,800 by real estate website Zillow.com with an estimated rental value of $7,612?

I invoke Betteridge's Law of Headlines: NO

Rapid and simple debunking of rabid conspiracy nonsense:

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

How a Hunter Biden conspiracy theory grew, from lone tweet to a big megaphone

It started with a tweet on Jan. 12 by an anonymous account — a photo of a rental application by Hunter Biden, plucked from the hard drive of his laptop left behind for repair in a Delaware shop in April 2019.

Then it quickly exploded across the internet, into articles posted on right-wing media, onto Tucker Carlson’s Fox News evening show and into the talking points of Republican lawmakers who pledged an investigation into why Hunter Biden was paying his father $49,910 a month in rent at the Biden residence where classified documents have been found.

But the rental application was misconstrued — an example of how speculation about material from the laptop often lacks context or careful scrutiny. The reality is that Hunter Biden was paying $49,910 every three months for office space in D.C.
Some who pushed the embroidered narrative quietly distanced themselves. Others adjusted their claims.

“Chairman Comer has never said that he believed Hunter Biden was paying $49k in monthly rent to his father or for office rent,” said a statement from the Oversight Committee.

Geoffrey Ingersoll, the editor in chief of the Daily Caller, said he had retracted the article featured on Hannity’s show in light of The Fact Checker’s findings. “All our reporters really strive to get things absolutely correct, but mistakes still happen,” Ingersoll said. “Documents can be tantalizing in this business and tempting to take at face value. Clearly in this case, more reporting should have been done.”

Only one minor point - the application was for a house - not an office.
"The rental application was for a Los Angeles apartment."

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I invoke Betteridge's Law of Headlines: NO

Rapid and simple debunking of rabid conspiracy nonsense:
The reason why (IMHO) people are becoming skeptical of the media as fact checkers is our ability to read and comprehend. To wit: I offer the following evidence to the contrary:

Capture.JPG

Please note the following in Hunter's own handwriting.

First red box: CURRENT ADDRESS - his daddy's home as already shown

Then the second: CURRENT RESIDENCE That means his current address - they are the SAME

Third red box - MONTHLY RENT -

His monthly rent for his current Residence (his daddy's home) is 49,910.

Either this is accurate as Hunter stated or he is so incompetent, (or perhaps stonned), he does not know the difference between where he lives and his office space AND he does not know the difference between monthly rent on his home and quarterly rent on an office.

Or is it possible that his company was funneling almost 600K to his daddy in the form of rent.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

But Hunter Biden did not fill out the form himself, according to a person who confirmed its authenticity. Instead, in July 2018, he asked an assistant to fill it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,247.00
Faith
Pentecostal

You are not really surprised are you?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are not really surprised are you?
Let me get this straight… right-wing media and their fanbase jump the gun and run with some pretty big assumptions about Biden that turn out to be false. Anybody with even an ounce of foresight could have seen that those assumptions were flawed - just like I did when I first saw the evidence. The right-wing media has since gone and done a bit of actual journalism (shocking, I know) and retracted their claims, but some of their fans continue to believe and repeat the errors…

…and liberals are the bad guys?

lol

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,247.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Let me get this straight… right-wing media and their fanbase jump the gun and run with some pretty big assumptions about Biden that turn out to be false. Anybody with even an ounce of foresight could have seen that those assumptions were flawed - just like I did when I first saw the evidence. The right-wing media has since gone and done a bit of actual journalism (shocking, I know) and retracted their claims, but some of their fans continue to believe and repeat the errors…

…and liberals are the bad guys?

lol

What big assumptions were those? Were they the same ones that the left wing media claimed about Trump like he was selling secrets to the Russians?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What big assumptions were those?

Already explained multiple times.

Were they the same ones that the left wing media claimed about Trump like he was selling secrets to the Russians?
Is it now okay to reply “but Trump!”?

Either way, if you want somebody to defend the collusion stuff, you’ll have to look elsewhere.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,247.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Already explained multiple times.

Is it now okay to reply “but Trump!”?

Either way, if you want somebody to defend the collusion stuff, you’ll have to look elsewhere.

No just pointed out the hypocrisy of all of you on the left. You guys make it so easy.

Here's the truth. We didn't really care all that much about Trump's stuff. It really was no big deal. The left went crazy about it with all their Trump hatred conspiracy nonsense.

And we don't honestly care about Biden having some documents either. We know he's not selling secrets to the Chinese or whatever.

It's just fun to rub the lefts a nose in it. The left knows they are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites, but they have to double down And really try hard not to admit it. But it's not working.

Everyone knows. If you guys wouldn't have gone so insane over the Trump stuff this Biden stuff would have been just a small blip on the radar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"and yet when the same msm says something about Biden"

The only way the MSM is covering this story is to explain people's miscontruction of the form.
this Biden stuff would have been just a small blip on the radar.

This Biden stuff is not even a blip. I thought it was funny that the thing you were replying to said "and yet when the same msm says something about Biden..." but the MSM is only talking about how rightwing media are backing away from this story after their initial excitement. Hislegacy may be the most influential person in the world still promoting this story as true.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟228,059.00
Faith
Christian
The reason why (IMHO) people are becoming skeptical of the media as fact checkers is our ability to read and comprehend. To wit: I offer the following evidence to the contrary:

View attachment 326964

First red box: CURRENT ADDRESS - his daddy's home as already shown

Then the second: CURRENT RESIDENCE That means his current address - they are the SAME

Third red box - MONTHLY RENT -

His monthly rent for his current Residence (his daddy's home) is 49,910.

Either this is accurate as Hunter stated or he is so incompetent, (or perhaps stonned), he does not know the difference between where he lives and his office space AND he does not know the difference between monthly rent on his home and quarterly rent on an office.

Or is it possible that his company was funneling almost 600K to his daddy in the form of rent.

Then perhaps you can tell us why, on a residential rental application form, it asks for his COMPANY Name?
Could it be because it's the COMPANY that is going to rent the premises, and not the Individual - i.e.e Hunter Biden.
And thus it's the COMPANY that is going to pay $49k pm for office space

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0