not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
thoughts

Anyone have this problem? example: every time I hear someone say or see someone write GAFCON I think of a cat coughing up a hairball.

Or here's another. In the liturgy when the Priest says "according to your command, oh Father..." I hear "according to your commando father". <snort>

And in the Lord's prayer during the "tresspasses" part? My dh pointed out that all you hear is "sssssss":"forgive ussssssss our tressssspasssesss asss we forgive thossssse who tressssspassss againssssst ussss".

God forgive me.

Maid Marie

Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
thoughts

Anyone have this problem? example: every time I hear someone say or see someone write GAFCON I think of a cat coughing up a hairball.

Or here's another. In the liturgy when the Priest says "according to your command, oh Father..." I hear "according to your commando father". <snort>

And in the Lord's prayer during the "tresspasses" part? My dh pointed out that all you hear is "sssssss":"forgive ussssssss our tressssspasssesss asss we forgive thossssse who tressssspassss againssssst ussss".

God forgive me.

Maybe I am just too stressed over doing my dreaded paper, but I found these examples quite funny. Or, maybe because I can see me doing the exact same thing. There is also the "dancer's light" instead of "dawn's early light" from the Star Spangled Banner. I've done that one.

Upvote 0

file13

A wild boar has entered in the vineyard
Mar 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
✟17,452.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

^_^ Yeah, I perfer the "debts" translation (which accurately reflects the Greek) better...silly English tradition!

Upvote 0