Oh dear. Pres Trump is about to open his mouth in a press conference.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is such disgusting behavior. Grow up.
Seriously we've already seen how it helps everyone if the pres would just stay off the podium. Someone else could make the relevant factual announcements.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
One somewhat freaky thing: watching one corporate health industry exec after another grab the side of the podium with their bare hands after Trump was grabbing it..... Trump whos known to have had a meeting with an infected person.

• Useful
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Pence has a really nice reminder that the old people most vulnerable to C19 are valuable, directly confronting the bankrupt notion we hear that this virus isnt so bad because it mainly kills old people.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is such disgusting behavior. Grow up.
THAT is disgusting behaviour?

You must have been completely incensed when he mocked a disabled person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump declares a national emergency to combat coronavirus Trump declares a national emergency to combat coronavirus - CNNPolitics

We have things that I can do, we have very strong emergency powers under the Stafford Act," Trump told reporters Thursday in the Oval Office, referring to the federal law that dictates national disasters and emergencies. "I have it memorized, practically, as to the powers in that act. And if I need to do something, I'll do it. I have the right to do a lot of things that people don't even know about."

Who talks like that?!?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
THAT is disgusting behaviour?

You must have been completely incensed when he mocked a disabled person.
I always say you have to earn disrespect. I presume respect for another person until disrespect is earned. And Trump earned it in that vile moment.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Who talks like that?!?
"I have it memorized". It makes me so sad how he just lies without thinking or caring.

And that we are just supposed to think it's okay.

And that when we mention that a leader shouldn't lie so frequently WE are told we are being unfair or that the arbiters of lying (reality) can't be trusted.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
One somewhat freaky thing: watching one corporate health industry exec after another grab the side of the podium with their bare hands after Trump was grabbing it..... Trump whos known to have had a meeting with an infected person.
I completely missed that! How did I miss that?

Perhaps I was too focused on the sycophantic way the contributions of the experts was credited to Trump. A complete contrast with Boris Johnson's press conference yesterday, where the two experts came across as professionals who would ensure their teams delivered the same high standard of work independent of which party and which PM was in charge.

It is troubling that, as others have noted on other threads he neither looks well, nor sounds well. Several of the passages he has read from script are read as if he is unaware of the meaning. His pitch is not usually so close to monotonic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I completely missed that! How did I miss that?

Perhaps I was too focused on the sycophantic way the contributions of the experts was credited to Trump. A complete contrast with Boris Johnson's press conference yesterday, where the two experts came across as professionals who would ensure their teams delivered the same high standard of work independent of which party and which PM was in charge.

It is troubling that, as others have noted on other threads he neither looks well, nor sounds well. Several of the passages he has read from script are read as if he is unaware of the meaning. His pitch is not usually so close to monotonic.
I've never seen a person who demands such constant reassurance that he's the best, the boss, the best boss, etc.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I've never seen a person who demands such constant reassurance that he's the best, the boss, the best boss, etc.
But, in all fairness, you've never met me. :)

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But, in all fairness, you've never met me. :)
Yes, but here at CF its obvious youre the best poster with the brightest ideas, deepest lexicon, and most poetic presentation.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but here at CF its obvious youre the best poster with the brightest ideas, deepest lexicon, and most poetic presentation.
Oh and @Ophiolite please apologize for me to Oxford for stealing their comma. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Oh and @Ophiolite please apologize for me to Oxford for stealing their comma. Thanks.
I went to University in Oxford. I wasn't an undergraduate. I'd had four pints at lunch and just needed a rest room.

Upvote 0