ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
NG, you are probably right but I am not willing to give up that easily.:)
No one wants this forum to go back to a Christian site more than I do. The problem is that I think this is better labeled this way than it being a fake Christian forum. Atleast now baby Christians will not be surprised or manipulated by how things are runned here.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Leave it the way it is because it reflects what the forum has become. It isn't a Christian forum anymore and hasn't been for quite awhile. Besides even if you do convince Erwin to change the name it's still his site and he will run it how he sees fit so the name isn't we should be thinking about it's the direction.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's baloney, CP. As long as we had the name the people knew that this was a Christian website. New folks signed in with that in mind. Now that Christian has been removed, who do you think will be the new folks signing in? There is now NO chance of this site remaining Christian. Jesus has left the building!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
That's baloney, CP. As long as we had the name the people knew that this was a Christian website. New folks signed in with that in mind. Now that Christian has been removed, who do you think will be the new folks signing in? There is now NO chance of this site remaining Christian. Jesus has left the building!!!!!!!!!!
I think it's better that way...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Henry he hasn't totally left the building unless we allow Him to leave by allowing this change to change our mission here. Our Mission here can stay the same remember that and it should always remain the same.

A name doesn't mean Christ is here, WE the followers of Christ mean that He is here because we represent Him here. If we give into this name change and if we become defeated then we effectively are telling Christ we have left the building and so should He because He lives within US.....

This site will always remain Christian in my eyes as long as we remain to represent Him here.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused. This is the forum where this poll was begun, correct? Here in the Conservative Christians Forum?

Should Christian be removed from website title?(Should CF be renamed with new vision)

And such a significant number of you voted in the affirmative that Erwin actually came and joined in on the discussion and moved this poll into the announcement forum. Then he began his own poll based upon this very suggestion and mulled it over for weeks. Now he has actually given the majority of you exactly what you asked for down to the final dotting of the i and crossing of the t. And at the cost of $7000.00 to himself.

So you react by promoting a new poll asking him to put things back the way they were?

Why should he pay it any attention?

By the way, if anyone here is thinking of doing so, please don't blame this on the atheists. We didn't ask for this. It was started right here. :mad:

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm confused. This is the forum where this poll was begun, correct? Here in the Conservative Christians Forum?

Should Christian be removed from website title?(Should CF be renamed with new vision)

And such a significant number of you voted in the affirmative that Erwin actually came and joined in on the discussion and moved this poll into the announcement forum. Then he began his own poll based upon this very suggestion and mulled it over for weeks. Now he has actually given the majority of you exactly what you asked for down to the final dotting of the i and crossing of the t. And at the cost of $7000.00 to himself.

So you react by promoting a new poll asking him to put things back the way they were?

Why should he pay it any attention?

By the way, if anyone here is thinking of doing so, please don't blame this on the atheists. We didn't ask for this. It was started right here. :mad:
We didn't start that thread Scorcher did of his/her own initiative thank you very much.

It was Dr Steve that started that poll and we were venting nothing more and most of us wanted confirmation from Erwin why the changes had taken place and what direction he was going because we were confused. I am sorry that we reacted to the policies that took place on 7-7-7 but we were not the only ones it happened in almost every forum.... Somehow the thread here got sent to Erwin it could have been any thread that had the same sentiments.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hentenza you free to believe whatever deillusions make you happy but there was no chance of this site remaining after 7-7-7 if Erwin had any intentions of keeping this a Christian he would had some sort of voting on it before and not change everything.
Hentenza I don't know what sections you were particpating in before 7-7-7 but several of the general sections about half the post I was seeing were from either liberal christian that thought Bible is nothing more than stories or people who were openly nonchristian.

The new name reflects what the forum is now and direction the owner is pushing the forum to go. It's a clear sign that Erwin has no intentions of returning the forum to the way it was before and hopefully those who are hanging on solely for that reason can move on and rest of us with new rules if we are going to want to continue to be here at all.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We didn't start that thread Scorcher did of his/her own initiative thank you very much.

It was Dr Steve that started that poll and we were venting nothing more and most of us wanted confirmation from Erwin why the changes had taken place and what direction he was going because we were confused. I am sorry that we reacted to the policies that took place on 7-7-7 but we were not the only ones it happened in almost every forum.... Somehow the thread here got sent to Erwin it could have been any thread that had the same sentiments.

And every member that clicked on "option one" did so of his/her own intitiative.

I think the members of CC need to go to Erwin's announcement thread and own up to exactly how this got started. I think everyone who voted "option one" in Dr. Steve's ill-considered poll needs to address every post therein that erroneously blames the atheists on this board for what has happened and 'fess up. It would be the right thing to do.

I'm truly angry at being among those being blamed for this. :mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hentenza you free to believe whatever deillusions make you happy but there was no chance of this site remaining after 7-7-7 if Erwin had any intentions of keeping this a Christian he would had some sort of voting on it before and not change everything.
Hentenza I don't know what sections you were particpating in before 7-7-7 but several of the general sections about half the post I was seeing were from either liberal christian that thought Bible is nothing more than stories or people who were openly nonchristian.

The new name reflects what the forum is now and direction the owner is pushing the forum to go. It's a clear sign that Erwin has no intentions of returning the forum to the way it was before and hopefully those who are hanging on solely for that reason can move on and rest of us with new rules if we are going to want to continue to be here at all.

Sorry, CP. My post came out angry and as an attack on you. That was not my intention. Please forgive me.
I understand where you are coming from and don't disagree with you, however, to me that name change is the straw that broke the camel's back. I have made many friends in the multiple forums that I post in and many feel the same way. I don't know what is going to happen to most of them and it saddens me that we are even facing a decision of either staying or going. I came to this website because it was Christian centric. That is no longer the case so I am going to pray and see what God wants me to do. Whatever my decision is will be based on God's will.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And every member that clicked on "option one" did so of his/her own intitiative.

I think the members of CC need to go to Erwin's announcement thread and own up to exactly how this got started. I think everyone who voted "option one" in Dr. Steve's ill-considered poll needs to address every post therein that erroneously blames the atheists on this board for what has happened and 'fess up. It would be the right thing to do.

GS, no one is blaming you. The fact of the matter is that Erwin's poll depicted a majority wanting to keep the name and Erwin decided to change it after promising that he would go with the majority. That is the problem not who did what poll or who voted is whatever poll.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, CP. My post came out angry and as an attack on you. That was not my intention. Please forgive me.
I understand where you are coming from and don't disagree with you, however, to me that name change is the straw that broke the camel's back. I have made many friends in the multiple forums that I post in and many feel the same way. I don't know what is going to happen to most of them and it saddens me that we are even facing a decision of either staying or going. I came to this website because it was Christian centric. That is no longer the case so I am going to pray and see what God wants me to do. Whatever my decision is will be based on God's will.

God Bless
It's okay I know it's a stressful time for alot people.:hug: :hug:
You want to know what the ironic part though is this is the only Christian forum I'm actively part of and I encounter more hostility towards Christians here than I do on the 2 nonChristian forums I'm part of combined. So you might want to think about the possibilty that more of the nonchristians coming here aren't coming to fight with Christians with the name changed.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

For the record I did not vote in the poll

Upvote 0