• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

EtainSkirata

Mar 9, 2020
Nowhere
✟46,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can feel myself about to spiral again. My brain is looking for something to latch onto. "Your favorite book series has a few things you disagree with in it. Your favorite show? That character's costume is slightly inappropriate. Get rid of them both."

I just. This is driving me nuts. My brain twists things and I'm anxious and depressed because I'm losing things I enjoy, one by one. And as far as real life concerns, I'm scared of ever changing my career because what if the company I go to supports bad things? What if I fall in love with a man who has conflicting views with me about bigger issues? What if; what about this; this isn't perfect; etc. I'm so tired of this, of all this second guessing and over thinking. I have no friends, no boyfriend, a job that stresses me out, no hobbies that I can really enjoy anymore.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can feel myself about to spiral again. My brain is looking for something to latch onto. "Your favorite book series has a few things you disagree with in it. Your favorite show? That character's costume is slightly inappropriate. Get rid of them both."

I just. This is driving me nuts. My brain twists things and I'm anxious and depressed because I'm losing things I enjoy, one by one. And as far as real life concerns, I'm scared of ever changing my career because what if the company I go to supports bad things? What if I fall in love with a man who has conflicting views with me about bigger issues? What if; what about this; this isn't perfect; etc. I'm so tired of this, of all this second guessing and over thinking. I have no friends, no boyfriend, a job that stresses me out, no hobbies that I can really enjoy anymore.
May I suggest that you get a copy of the book "War on the Saints"? Your problem may be that you have not learned how to control your thoughts. The mind really is the battlefield, as we read in 2 Corinthians 10:5. We should be controlling our thoughts, not letting thoughts control us. If we do not choose to think a thought then our mind is under attack and we can deal with that. "War on the Saints" goes into how we can achieve a free mind that is our servant, not our master.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How are you doing now?

Upvote 0

EtainSkirata

Mar 9, 2020
Nowhere
✟46,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are you doing now?
A little better. Trying not to over think things. I joined a kickboxing class, which is good for my mental health, although I managed to overthink that on the way home as well. A lot of it is just a matter of pausing, putting some distance between myself and the issue, whether that distance be time or physical distance.

Reactions: Mari17
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A little better. Trying not to over think things. I joined a kickboxing class, which is good for my mental health, although I managed to overthink that on the way home as well. A lot of it is just a matter of pausing, putting some distance between myself and the issue, whether that distance be time or physical distance.
Yay!!! Happy to hear this!!

Reactions: EtainSkirata
Upvote 0