• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD devil obsession

Somename

Oct 14, 2017
Hurricane
✟8,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. Of late my OCD has been stuck on the devil and it's been bugging me. It's saying stuff like whatbifbhes actually good and God is bad or if satanists are right about how we should live and things. I know these thoughts are absurd but they are really bugging meband wanted to know of any advice you would have. Thanks and God bless +

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I personally believe that in the times we are living in there will be increased activity in this direction. Demons of doubt are as if on the loose. I even find myself having to focus in on Jesus closely, many distractions are in the world. He is the answer, it's not church doctrine in these days but all eyes on Jesus Christ. Because even the saints will be deceived if that were possible and many churches already are.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Theo3

Oct 10, 2017
Orlando
✟8,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are not your thoughts, they are vain imaginations that exhalt themselves above the word of God. Write the thought down, confront the fear of it and challenge it then you can build the ability to dismiss it without any judgmental response about yourself or your spiritual condi tion and be solid on your godly foundation in Jesus Christ. Your thoughts' fears and doubts does not change the fact that God loves you and is always there for you. god bless

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. Of late my OCD has been stuck on the devil and it's been bugging me. It's saying stuff like whatbifbhes actually good and God is bad or if satanists are right about how we should live and things. I know these thoughts are absurd but they are really bugging meband wanted to know of any advice you would have. Thanks and God bless +
If you have OCD and this is acting like an obsession, then you need to treat it as an obsession. It's not clear from your post if you are just wondering about these things, or if you are having obsessive intrusive thoughts about them. The truth is that God is the only true and good one...but I think you know that?? If these thoughts keep pushing at you even though you don't want them to be there, and if you are trying to fight them off because they are bothering you, those are signs of an obsession and you need to treat it like OCD. Are you familiar with using ERP therapy tactics on OCD?

Reactions: Theo3
Upvote 0

Somename

Oct 14, 2017
Hurricane
✟8,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you have OCD and this is acting like an obsession, then you need to treat it as an obsession. It's not clear from your post if you are just wondering about these things, or if you are having obsessive intrusive thoughts about them. The truth is that God is the only true and good one...but I think you know that?? If these thoughts keep pushing at you even though you don't want them to be there, and if you are trying to fight them off because they are bothering you, those are signs of an obsession and you need to treat it like OCD. Are you familiar with using ERP therapy tactics on OCD?
I am not familiar with ERP therapy

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not familiar with ERP therapy
ERP therapy is generally the type of therapy considered to be most effective for OCD. It's basically letting yourself be anxious without doing compulsions to relieve the anxiety (compulsions can be physical or mental). There's a ton of great information here:
Welcome
http://ocdandchristianity.com/
Managing the Haunting Thoughts of Pure O – OCD
With OCD, it's super important to learn how to fight it effectively, instead of continuing the cycle of ruminating (trying to "solve" the obsession), asking for assurance, or any other compulsions you might have. I'd encourage you to do some research, and keep asking questions on here as well if you need to!

Upvote 0