• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD about resisting God

Scared but trusting God

Apr 25, 2020
United States
✟15,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My OCD has been driving me crazy it’s been constant and it’s gotten so bad to where my mind convinces me everything is a sin. I know that these aren’t sins but the part that worries me is when I think that if it was against God I would still do it. This has become a new obsession where my mind takes anything I do and convinces me it’s a sin. Then it makes me think that if it was against God I would still do it. I try so hard to resist this thought but it keeps coming and then I get so scared that I’m sinning by doing this specific thing and that I need to stop it or else. I know that the actual thing isn’t a sin but I’m scared that I’m resisting God which is the sin. My mind is doing this for everything I can think of and I feel so scared. I feel like at one point I won’t be able to do anything without it causing me to sin.

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just remember that God knows your heart and He loves you more than you know. God bless you

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
try so hard to resist this thought but it keeps coming

Please use Google to search for and find " 25 tips for successfully treating your ocd. "

In it you will read that you Do Not seek to resist, ignore or suppress intrusive thoughts.
All you do is acknowledge those thoughts, think or say out loud, " Yes that is right. " And move on.

Please read this article, share it with your parents, partner, minister and most important of all your doctor who should have talked to you about how to cope with intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your mind will probably continue to try to send you those thoughts/feelings. Your task is to learn to ignore this "faulty alarm," the part of your conscience that is hyper-sensitive.

I've forgotten, are you currently getting professional help for your OCD? What are your strategies for dealing with these intrusive thoughts and feelings?

Upvote 0