Observation: Elijah go's up against the prophet's of baal. david name's an area after baal.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
confusing.

Agreed the text says it was already named that - but then says David named it - so it is the way they are recording the history. First giving the name everyone knows it by - then explaining who named it and why.

The text says to important things that do not show up in your options.
1. That when it was named they burned their idols - so it was not an act of worship/reverence for false gods.
2. Their focus was on God breaking through the defenses of the enemy.

Still... this brings up the question of how did this even surface? Are you reading through the Bible from Genesis to 1 Chronicles 14 and just hit this one??

Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed the text says it was already named that - but then says David named it - so it is the way they are recording the history. First giving the name everyone knows it by - then explaining who named it and why.

The text says to important things that do not show up in your options.
1. That when it was named they burned their idols - so it was not an act of worship/reverence for false gods.
2. Their focus was on God breaking through the defenses of the enemy.

Still... this brings up the question of how did this even surface? Are you reading through the Bible from Genesis to 1 Chronicles 14 and just hit this one??

You know, I Was reading through The Bible the other day, but, it really irrelavent. there might even be a historical concept here where David had no idea who baal even was and Word's as they overtime do change meaning so, I'm sure as David used it it was in the historical Context of it's meaning rather than as it earlier Context. It's really not a big matter. My focus was on an idea that did'nt allow me to perceive other possibilities. I get too distracted by imagination that I mistake things. I'm stupid sonetime"'s lol.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You know, I Was reading through The Bible the other day, but, it really irrelavent. there might even be a historical concept here where David had no idea who baal even was and Word's as they overtime do change meaning so, I'm sure as David used it it was in the historical Context of it's meaning rather than as it earlier Context. It's really not a big matter. My focus was on an idea that did'nt allow me to perceive other possibilities. I get too distracted by imagination that I mistake things. I'm stupid sonetime"'s lol.

It just seemed like an odd stopping-off point, 1 Chron 14 is normally not the first chapter that comes up in a discussion.

Upvote 0