united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
check in and say what you've been doing and/or looking forward to doing in the faith

from thoughts on mass, goals, prayers, choir practice, alter service, homily's, and anything else that strikes you to check in with regrading your daily journey in the faith

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Fundraising with my Christian Women's organization. Going to church 3x a week. Watching EWTN. Lighting candles and offering up my sufferings for others who are sick or struggling.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Preparing for my personal little weekly triduum.
Thu: Mass, pix to nursing home and Communion service.
Fri: Adoration hour
Sat: Reconciliation and another Adoration hour.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Typically I say some prayers every night before I go to sleep - Our Father, three Hail Marys (or four or five if I lose count), Glory Be, a prayer for the souls in Purgatory, and a prayer asking forgiveness for my sins that day. I watch Mass on Monday because there is usually a lot going on on Sunday. I try to pray about other things at other times of day and do good works when I can. Right now I am also reading a little bit of the Bible about every day.

I'm sure I could do better but I am trying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
found my mothers pin in and amongst her belongings and setting it aside to wear to confirmation...crying every day, but lighting my candles, and praying the most basic of prayers...

I need to find a video of singing the morning prayer, and so on, to set aside and to have to listen to..

Want to visit catholic store and consider prayer cards

Cant wait to send off pictures of my mom and other items to my aunt and uncles, to make them happy :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
@Chrystal-J Im amazed at the offering up of ones sufferings as, what exactly for others?

Does it help them in some way? Are offering up our sufferings a way to pay penance for those in purgatory?
This is a good description of Redemptive Suffering:

Redemptive suffering is the Christian belief that human suffering, when accepted and offered up in union with the Passion of Jesus, can remit the just punishment for one's sins or for the sins of another, or for the other physical or spiritual needs of oneself or another. Like an indulgence, redemptive suffering does not gain the individual forgiveness for their sin; forgiveness results from God’s grace, freely given through Christ, which cannot be earned. After one's sins are forgiven, the individual's suffering can reduce the penalty due for sin.

Link: Redemptive suffering - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
simply beautiful @Gracia Singh !

Preparing for vigil tonight and pondering what I can give up for Advent to help make me more prepared to receive our coming King!

Purple I learned today is the color of Kings and of penitence.

John is baptizing Jesus....He is a different kind of King...not what Cesar, Herod, Pilot or Annas or Caiaphas or the Jews are expecting

Prepare your hearts to make way for our King

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0