Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the Associated Press, curiously enough: Obama’s Half-Brother to Set the Record ‘Straight’ About President’s Memoir: ‘A Lot of That Stuff Barack Wrote Is Wrong’ | TheBlaze.com
In fact, Mark Obama Ndesandjo says he wants to “set the record straight” about some of the lies President Obama included in his bestselling 1995 memoir, “Dreams From My Father.”
It seems that calling Barack Hussein Obama a liar is quite in vogue these days. :doh:

Here's another account (not subject to AP copyright restrictions). Barack Obama's half-brother writes book on the horrors of living with president's absent father in Kenya | Mail Online
The book recounts Ndesandjo's first encounter with Obama, who was visiting Kenya in 1988. They did not hit it off.

'Barack thought I was too white and I thought he was too black,' Ndesandjo said. 'He was an American searching for his African roots.

'I was a Kenyan, I'm an American but I was living in Kenya, searching for my white roots.'

The 500-page book includes an appendix listing a number of alleged factual errors in Obama's 1995 memoir, 'Dreams from my Father,' such as quotes incorrectly attributed to Ndesandjo's mother.

'It's a correction. A lot of the stuff that Barack wrote is wrong in that book and I can understand that because to me for him the book was a tool for fashioning an identity and he was using composites,' Ndesandjo said.

Reactions: Subdood

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like in interesting book; will have to check it out - could be fun. But, uh oh... "The Blaze?"

Sourcing ad-hominems in 3... 2... 1... ;)
I couldn't resist. :D

I did point out though that the article is actually an AP story which was carried by The Blaze.

Upvote 0

Subdood

Jul 14, 2008
Cloud 8.95
✟44,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I did point out though that the article is actually an AP story which was carried by The Blaze.
LOL - I saw, but when did that ever deter those thus inclined from taking their obligatory pot shots? :)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Somehow, the AP story is worded a bit differently than the Blaze one:
AP said:
HONG KONG (AP) — President Barack Obama's half brother is publishing an autobiography that details the domestic abuse that served as the theme for his earlier semiautobiographical novel, which featured an abusive parent patterned on their late father.

Mark Obama Ndesandjo also recounts his sporadic but intense encounters with his brother over the years in "Cultures: My Odyssey of Self-Discovery." The self-published book, to be released in February, also tries to set the record straight on some points in the president's bestselling 1995 memoir, "Dreams From My Father." In that book, Obama seeks to learn more about their father, a mostly absent figure, after learning of his death in a car crash in 1982 at age 46.
AP.org

Amusingly, the Blaze quotes "sets the record straight" but sticks in "lies" for "points".

Upvote 0