Visit site
✟441,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been around, just sporadic posting. :) I am doing well. I am in love with theology studies. And I'm not hiding Michie, I swear. :D
You didnt put her in your trunk and lock it?
Just checking as we investigate all members for the suspicious disappearance. :D

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pennsylvania is now a toss up, with Obama sending in his main weapon, Bill Clinton, on the last day before the election, which means there is truth in the poll.

We're getting flooded with pro-Romney anti-Obama ads here in PA. I watched a football game on Sunday and there were probably 10 or more ads that were in some way advocating Republican candidates (or mud slinging at Democrats), a lot of them paid for by Karl Rove's American Crossroads group, versus one pro-Obama ad, paid for by the campaign. In all fairness, one or two of the Republican ads was for their Senate candidate or against the Democratic candidate, but most were related to the Presidential election.

I really feel like the will of the citizens of Pennsylvania is to cast our electoral votes for Barack Obama and Joe Biden, and to re-elect Bob Casey to the Senate. However, Republicans in the state government got through a voter ID law to try to give the state to Romney (That's not supposition on my part- a key sponsor of it in the state legislature was caught on tape saying he did for exactly that reason), and even though the courts ordered an injunction that permits them from denying voters the right to vote, the Republican controlled state government has still been advertising that you need ID to vote, and poll workers are still allowed to ask for it (They just can't deny you the ability to vote if you don't have it), and there are a lot of elderly folks without driver's licenses or urban folks who take mass transit (Both key Democratic constituencies) who may have the impression they can't vote and not show up. It's a Nixionian-like dirty trick on the part of state Republicans.

And of course the Citzens United Surpreme Court ruling is allowing Republican groups to outspend Democratic groups by huge margins, as I noted, essentially buying low-information voters.

Honestly, if Obama loses this state by a narrow margin, I'll probably consider the result illegitimate. Same goes for Florida, giving what Rick Scott is doing to early voters. Maybe even Ohio, given that Tagg Romney owns many of the voting machines there. What Republicans don't realize is that when they pull this "stuff", it undermines confidence in American democracy, and some people won't accept a Republican's candidate's victory as legitimate if it's narrow. They may steal the White House, but they can't make people believe their guy really won. The sad thing is, even if Romney does really win legitimately, it'll be hard for a lot of people to believe it's legitimate, because of what the Republicans have done to try to subvert the will of the voting public.

The Republican need to stop their dirty tricks and play by the rules.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You *are* aware that the polls are reporting different numbers depending on the news source. That's been explained as because the pollsters are using a 2008 formula when the youth were excited and turnout was more and not a 2010 formula when people were finally starting to realize that they had been betrayed and some polls use "likely voters" while others use "registered voters". Then there's the fact that many Romney voters refuse to put up yard signs or put bumper stickers on their cars, or even to participate in some of the polls for fear of vandalism.

The sources that I have heard have reported that Romney-Obama is either breaking even or that Romney is ahead but by maybe one. I've heard that Pennsylvania has become the new battleground for Romney--their electoral votes will be called for voting before Ohio's. And I have even heard someone calling the election for Romney already.

Well, shake it up, baby, now, (shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout. (twist and shout)
Cmon cmon, cmon, cmon, baby, now, (come on baby)
Come on and work it on out. (work it on out)

Well, work it on out, honey. (work it on out)
You know you look so good. (look so good)
You know you got me goin, now, (got me goin)
Just like I knew you would. (like I knew you would, oooh!)

Cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon, baby, now, (come on baby)
Come on and work it all out. (work it all out, oooh!)

You know you’re a twisty little girl, (twist little girl)
You know you twist so fine. (twist so fine)
Come on and twist a little closer, now, (twist a little closer)
And let me know that you're mine. (let me know you’re mine oooh)

Ahhhhhhhhhh(root) Ahhhhhhhhhh(third) Ahhhhhhhhhh(fifth) Ahhhhhhhhhhh(seventh) Ahhhhh Ahhhhh Woah, Yeah

Cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon, baby, now, (come on baby)
Come on and work it on out. (work it on out, wuu!)

You know you’re a twisty little girl, (twist little girl)
You know you twist so fine. (twist so fine)
Come on and twist a little closer, now, (twist a little closer)
And let me know that you're mine. (let me know you’re mine, wuu!)

Well, shake it, shake it, shake it, baby, now. (shake it up baby)
Ahhhhhhhhhh(low) Ahhhhhhhhhh(higher) Ahhhhhhhhhh(higher) Ah!(high)

Upvote 0