a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hmmm. Why would he insult current French President Sarkozy by telling former President Chirac he looked forward to working with him? Wouldn't that be like Gordon Brown sending a letter to Bush 43 telling him he looked forward to working with him in the next 4 years?

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟34,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
More right-wing bunk.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/2009/03/23/obama-chirac-letter-flap-more-right-wing-noise/
Obama was merely replying to a Chirac letter who was writing him as the head of his foundation — the Jacques Chirac Foundation for sustainable development and cultural dialogue.

BTW, that took a grand total of 3 minutes to google "Obama Chirac", find an article that talks about, read it, and post it here. I makes me wonder why so many posters were wondering why Obama said "will be able to work together" and then chose to speculate that mean he thinks he's still president rather than just go and find out.

Upvote 0

LUColt27

The hottest thing since sunburn
Oct 16, 2008
✟8,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More right-wing bunk.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/2009/03/23/obama-chirac-letter-flap-more-right-wing-noise/

BTW, that took a grand total of 3 minutes to google "Obama Chirac", find an article that talks about, read it, and post it here. I makes me wonder why so many posters were wondering why Obama said "will be able to work together" and then chose to speculate that mean he thinks he's still president rather than just go and find out.
Generally, when a head of state writes someone and mentions working together, it is usually thought that the recipient is another head of state, not some guy who has a foundation. My apartment has a foundation, but it doesn't get letters from dignitaries.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Generally, when a head of state writes someone and mentions working together, it is usually thought that the recipient is another head of state, not some guy who has a foundation. My apartment has a foundation, but it doesn't get letters from dignitaries.
Did you just make that up or is it written down somewhere?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟34,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But it isn't just some guy, it is the former head of state.

Upvote 0

Anovah

Jun 6, 2004
Oregon
✟14,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0