Obama calls for end of 'occupation,' security for Israel, state for Palestinians

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
staff edit
How saddened I am to hear you say that. If I may ask, where do you get most of your news? I have a feeling we might be different generations. Do you access TikTok or other online media for your news?
There was a prime minister of Israel, probably before your time, who well expressed the situation and the feelings of so many Jews in Israel:

“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons. Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”​

― Golda Meir, A Land of Our own: An Autobiography

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How saddened I am to hear you say that. If I may ask, where do you get most of your news? I have a feeling we might be different generations. Do you access TikTok or other online media for your news?
There was a prime minister of Israel, probably before your time, who well expressed the situation and the feelings of so many Jews in Israel:

“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons. Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”​

― Golda Meir, A Land of Our own: An Autobiography
Israel was created by conquering the people who had been there, living already; how is it the vanquished‘s fault for being angry at that?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Israel was created by conquering the people who had been there, living already; how is it the vanquished‘s fault for being angry at that?
Jews have lived there most of the last 3000 years except for some periods when they were attacked and displaced. But I can understand the anger on both sides. As I said in my previous post quotation, Meir expressed the feelings of so many Jews. The jihadists feelings as expressed are to continue more attacks on Israel like the last attack, killing and torturing babies, in order to teach the Jews a lesson. As to the rest of the world, the Palestinians begged the world for money and concrete so they could rebuild. Instead they built vast tunnels and purchased rockets so they could kill Jews. They have executed the most horrific and devastating attack on Jews since the Holocaust. There seems to be as clear of a picture for good vs. evil as there was with the Nazis and Japanese against so many countries in World War II.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Jews have lived there most of the last 3000 years except for some periods when they were attacked and displaced. But I can understand the anger on both sides. As I said in my previous post quotation, Meir expressed the feelings of so many Jews. The jihadists feelings as expressed are to continue more attacks on Israel like the last attack, killing and torturing babies, in order to teach the Jews a lesson. As to the rest of the world, the Palestinians begged the world for money and concrete so they could rebuild. Instead they built vast tunnels and purchased rockets so they could kill Jews. They have executed the most horrific and devastating attack on Jews since the Holocaust. There seems to be as clear of a picture for good vs. evil as there was with the Nazis and Japanese against so many countries in World War II.
The USA could give either side a chunk of Arizona/New Mexico and allow them to be an independent nation locked in by what’s left of the USA?

Unless or until one side completely annihilates the other there is going to be conflict in this area.
The world should be beyond this point, conquest for land, but we’re (sadly) not.
Have a fine evening

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The USA could give either side a chunk of Arizona/New Mexico and allow them to be an independent nation locked in by what’s left of the USA?

Unless or until one side completely annihilates the other there is going to be conflict in this area.
The world should be beyond this point, conquest for land, but we’re (sadly) not.
Have a fine evening
There is a lot of land in Greenland and perhaps for a sum of money the few people there might leave. No one once to have a border with jihadists unless they are jihadists themselves. Iran won't take them.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we all know that's not true.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a lot of land in Greenland and perhaps for a sum of money the few people there might leave. No one once to have a border with jihadists unless they are jihadists themselves. Iran won't take them.
If the Danes are amenable, sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What’s incorrect about it?

Nobody was conquered, as the people there lived in the mountains. The flatlands were empty.

Look up the phrase: "A land without a people for a people without a land".

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Britain had already done that. The UN created Israel...The UN partition plan of 1947.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Israel is in the middle of heavy fighting, this is the time when all should support Israel.
We should support what is good and be against what is evil. No matter the label or side.

We should not support evil done by the "good guys" and we should not dismiss just requirements or needs of the "bad guys". In any conflict.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We should support what is good and be against what is evil. No matter the label or side.

We should not support evil done by the "good guys" and we should not dismiss just requirements or needs of the "bad guys". In any conflict.
People get locked into a duality mindset.
If they generally support Israel then obviously the “bad guys” are the one who aren’t Israelis.
There is no room for subtlety and nuance, just good v evil.
Some can’t handle a more complicated worldview than that.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,939.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nobody was conquered, as the people there lived in the mountains. The flatlands were empty.

Look up the phrase: "A land without a people for a people without a land".
Maybe it's you that needs to look up the phrase: "A land without a people for a people without a land." If you do, I think you will be surprised by what you learn. In the meantime, here's an excellent PBS documentary that dispels the myth that the Palestinians weren't conquered and the flatlands were empty.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it's you that needs to look up the phrase: "A land without a people for a people without a land." If you do, I think you will be surprised by what you learn. In the meantime, here's an excellent PBS documentary that dispels the myth that the Palestinians weren't conquered and the flatlands were empty.

That documentary is where I learned it. I recommend everyone watch it.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Just like we couldn't wait to carpet bomb Afghanistan after 911.

Some sources say the death toll resulting from the US war in Afghanistan was 4.5 million people.

...Nobody protested that tho. Cuz reasons.

What are you talking about? There were many protests against the war in Afghanistan. Literally thousands upon thousands of people around the world protested. India, for instance, had its biggest ever anti-war protest, with 70,000 marching through Calcutta alone.

• Informative
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,939.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That documentary is where I learned it. I recommend everyone watch it.
Your claim was that "nobody was conquered, as the people there lived in the mountains. The flatlands were empty." The documentary proves that claim to be absolutely false.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Israeli operations uprooted Palestinians in 1948. Many fear a repeat.

Jewish mortars and loudspeaker trucks shook Arab neighborhoods in early 1948 as sectarian fighting consumed the newly partitioned land that would soon become Israel. Amid the prolonged shelling, the trucks would broadcast the threatening sounds of wailing sirens, fake screams and evacuation warnings.

Returning home would prove impossible for an estimated 750,000 Palestinians and their millions of descendants. When Israeli archives opened in the 1980s, records showed how Israeli operations, including psychological-warfare broadcasts, helped drive the exodus.

“The element of surprise, long stints of shelling with extremely loud blasts, and loudspeakers in Arabic proved very effective when properly used,” reads an Israel Defense Forces intelligence report from June 1948 that called Jewish combatants “the main factor” in the exodus.

sometimes Arabs would attempt to return home shortly after fleeing, “which forced us to engage, on more than one occasion, in expelling residents.”

“Huge numbers of people were driven out, and you wouldn’t have had a Jewish state otherwise,” Khalidi said. “I mean, the area allotted to the Jewish state under partition would have had a large Arab population.”

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your claim was that "nobody was conquered, as the people there lived in the mountains. The flatlands were empty." The documentary proves that claim to be absolutely false.
See 5:30 to 5:45 in the video.

Hence, a land without a people, for a people without a land. And these lands were purchased, for high prices, which the video also acknowledges.

Upvote 0