✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zecharia prophesied the coming Messiah in 9:

9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
That was fulfilled in Jesus (Matthew 21:5).

11 As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit. 12 Return to your stronghold,
Look to Zion. There was safety and protection.

O prisoners of hope; today I declare that I will restore to you double.
Pulpit explained:

Pusey remarks that "hope" here and nowhere else has the article, and that what is meant is "the Hope of Israel."
New American Standard Bible:

Return to the stronghold, you prisoners who have the hope.
This hope ultimately points to Christ.

Acts 24:

15 and I have the same hope in God that they themselves cherish, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.
Acts 28:

20 So for this reason I have called to see you and speak with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain."
Acts 26:

6 And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our ancestors that I am on trial today.
Luke 4:

18 The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free.
Jesus affirms that he is the hope of the prisoners.

Reactions: Unqualified