NYC public school asks parents to 'reflect' on their 'whiteness'

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NYC public school asks parents to 'reflect' on their 'whiteness'

Thought I would just post this and ask for comments......guess I was too stunned to make one myself.....yeah, I know.....that's a first.

Oh, I'm not concerned. I'm a peach-ie person and I'm fine with some folks asking me to "reflect upon my own 'whiteness'." As long as they don't start going into some political tirade and insist that I then critically self-reflect upon my 'Christian-ness,' (which is my adoption of an otherwise ancient and FOREIGN belief system), then I think we're good ... :dontcare:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Useful
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you’re going to have a reset everyone gets time on the gallows. If I didn’t believe we’re headed in that direction it’d be shocking. The reboot will have the greatest impact on the middle class which is primarily comprised of Caucasians. Leveling the system requires a scapegoat. A common enemy people can get behind.

When you see this...

DCAD9FC8-4084-4170-9207-3385B1B300F4.jpeg

503BE5EA-A18D-4B06-A7BF-ECC05D845E9C.jpeg

It’s foreshadowing things like this:

China is innovating to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic and it will now be helped by Sophia, a robotic nurse who will help to look after patients. The country will build the humanoids with the aim of having them ready throughout the year of 2021.

Presented by Hanson Robotics in 2016, they have been continually developed and now claim to take care of the elderly like any other nurse. Sales of robots for professional services has grown by 32 percent to 11.2 billion dollars between 2018 and 2019.

"The world of COVID-19 will need more and more automatisation to keep people safe," founder David Hanson explained.

The company plans to mass produce humanoids by 2022.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dale Mills

Feb 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
✟7,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why do people think these kinds of measures are going to heal our nation?
I have German ancestors. Does that mean I need to feel personally responsible for how Jews have been treated in the past just because some bad Germans were one group of people who did bad things to the Jews. Of course not! I have Jewish friends, black, white, interracial friends and I don't treat them any differently. If me and my non-white friends spent time together reflecting on my whiteness would this help our relationship? Of course not!! Anyone can tell you that focusing on your differences and expecting to find peace and healing does NOT work. When will these "woke" people wake up?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have Jewish friends, black, white, interracial friends and I don't treat them any differently.
Are you sure about that? I wonder if they feel the same. It is our unconscious biases that have the greatest impact without our even being aware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you sure about that? I wonder if they feel the same. It is our unconscious biases that have the greatest impact without our even being aware.

That's what happens when people spend their time 'reflecting' on their differences instead of their commonalities. They begin to believe that others, including friends, are biased against them.

Upvote 0

Dale Mills

Feb 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
✟7,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

OF COURSE THEY FEEL THE SAME!!! They are my good friends! FYI, it is not polite to tell someone that you doubt that their friends like them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OF COURSE THEY FEEL THE SAME!!! These are my good friends you are slandering! FYI, it is not polite to tell someone that you doubt that their friends like them.
Slandering? by asking a valid question?

• Haha
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Slandering? by asking a valid question?

I thought the video was accurate. Most people develop connections with others like themselves. Areas of primacy are usually the guidelines. Diversity can camouflage selectivity. They may give greater weight to intelligence, education, wealth, or social standing.

The barometer of difference in our relationships isn’t vast and that’s the norm. Are there outliers? Of course. But the majority values sameness.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do people think these kinds of measures are going to heal our nation?
I have German ancestors. Does that mean I need to feel personally responsible for how Jews have been treated in the past just because some bad Germans were one group of people who did bad things to the Jews. Of course not! I have Jewish friends, black, white, interracial friends and I don't treat them any differently. If me and my non-white friends spent time together reflecting on my whiteness would this help our relationship? Of course not!! Anyone can tell you that focusing on your differences and expecting to find peace and healing does NOT work. When will these "woke" people wake up?
Healing from the past is one thing, but racism and white supremacy aren’t just things from the past that victims need to heal from. They are things occurring right now, and we need to learn to stop reinforcing white supremacism and to stop the behaviors that we aren’t even conscious of that are causing real injury. Healing can only occur after the injury has stopped.

How do we know that white supremacy still exists in our country? White people still hold inordinate amounts of power and wealth. White people are still...supreme.

• Haha
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I looked it over and it looks helpful, it got me thinking about myself and where I fall on the scale. Understandably, people who don’t think white supremacy still exists would not feel inclined to use it.
Never even crosses my mind. I either like and trust a person or I don't. If I don't I don't associate with them.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OF COURSE THEY FEEL THE SAME!!! They are my good friends! FYI, it is not polite to tell someone that you doubt that their friends like them.
I don’t think the other poster said that your friends didn’t like you. What I’ve learned is that people of color often avoid raising the issue of racism with white friends, as it can be really stressful and open them up to rejection. People get really defensive at the implication that they may be part of the problem. So unless we are inviting them to share their experiences and showing openness to learn and receive criticism, they are likely not to broach the subject.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
white supremacism
Ya know, I hear people throw that phrase around a lot but I'm not quite sure they know what it means. Could you elucidate on what YOU believe it is?
White people still hold inordinate amounts of power and wealth. White people are still...supreme.
Could that possibly be due to something other than the fact that they are white? Whites have outnumbered other ethnicity's for decades, since before the founding of the US, so would it be unsurprising they hold 'inordinate amounts' (definition unclear) of power and wealth? Maybe I don't understand that because I don't fall into that category and yet the same slander is directed to me simply because I am white......hmmmmm, sounds suspiciously like racism......

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could that possibly be due to something other than the fact that they are white? Whites have outnumbered other ethnicity's for decades, since before the founding of the US, so would it be unsurprising they hold 'inordinate amounts' (definition unclear) of power and wealth?
That is all part of being white. Nothing magical about the color itself. It is the socio-political situation we have journeyed in.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That is all part of being white. Nothing magical about the color itself.
That's a contradictory statement.
It is the socio-political situation we have journeyed in.
So, it has nothing to do with being white then?
Since you only responded to part of my comment I will repost the rest of it....for clarity sake.....
Maybe I don't understand that because I don't fall into that category and yet the same slander is directed to me simply because I am white......hmmmmm, sounds suspiciously like racism......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.