Numbers 11

Rik Brooks

Non-denominational with strong Baptist leanings.
Site Supporter
Nov 19, 2015
✟67,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm confused. In Numbers 11 Israel messes up again and gets tired of just manna. So Moses gets ticked off and God gets ticked off and so everyone is upset. The Jews want meat. OK, so God says He'll give it to them, not for a day or week, but for a whole month and they will have so much it will be coming out their noses. Am I to understand then that for that period He stopped sending manna? Also when He sent the quail (A whole BUNCH of quail) he also sent a plague. Was the plague sent on the first day of the quail or after they had been forced to eat quail for a month?

Please forgive my paraphrasing, I'm just trying to understand

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am I to understand then that for that period He stopped sending manna? Also when He sent the quail (A whole BUNCH of quail) he also sent a plague. Was the plague sent on the first day of the quail or after they had been forced to eat quail for a month?
I don't think you are confused. Your first question isn't addressed in the scripture. Your second question....
It appears that as soon as they got it between their teeth the plague began.
Num 11:33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I'm confused. In Numbers 11 Israel messes up again and gets tired of just manna. So Moses gets ticked off and God gets ticked off and so everyone is upset. The Jews want meat. OK, so God says He'll give it to them, not for a day or week, but for a whole month and they will have so much it will be coming out their noses. Am I to understand then that for that period He stopped sending manna? Also when He sent the quail (A whole BUNCH of quail) he also sent a plague. Was the plague sent on the first day of the quail or after they had been forced to eat quail for a month?

Please forgive my paraphrasing, I'm just trying to understand

Does it matter.

We have been told all we need to know.

Upvote 0

Rik Brooks

Site Supporter
Nov 19, 2015
✟67,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think you are confused. Your first question isn't addressed in the scripture. Your second question....
Num 11:33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague.
So they didn't eat the quail for a month like God said they would?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm fairly certain that the manna still came, regardless of whether or not they ate it.

i agree. Not everyone ate the quail, or they ALL would've been struck by the plague.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Rik Brooks

Site Supporter
Nov 19, 2015
✟67,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you. I can accept your answer to my first question quite happily but the second...God says they will eat meat a whole month. Then they take one bite and die before they swallow. That's not a month. What am I missing?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. I can accept your answer to my first question quite happily but the second...God says they will eat meat a whole month. Then they take one bite and die before they swallow. That's not a month. What am I missing?
I don't think it says that when they took a bite they immediately died. But it's more likely that the 'they' doesn't mean individual people will eat it for a month but that 'they' is speaking about the group. As long as the Lord gave it, someone in the group ate it and the plague continued for a month.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0