Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you comment on the specifics in the article. Such as confusing small child.

If you're referring to this part of the article:
Experts have warned that the huge spike is, in part, due to the promotion of transgender issues in schools which they say has encouraged to question their identity, and “sowed confusion” in their minds.

Figures from the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS), which is the NHS's only facility for transgender children based at the Tavistock Centre in north London, show that 84 children aged between 3 and 7 were referred last year, compared to 20 in 2012/13.

...then I feel like my post has essentially already addressed that.

First of all, a couple of issues with their theory.

Like I mentioned in my post, as an issue comes to the forefront and becomes less taboo, more people with the issue are willing to open and and talk about it instead of internalizing it.

Second, if we're talking about kids aged 3-5 claiming that, then schools' "promotion" (which I think they're using the word incorrectly...merely discussing an issue doesn't equate to promotion) doesn't have much to do with it because those kids aren't even in school yet. ...and I'd like to see confirmation that there's in fact a school even discussing this for Kindergarten and 1st graders.

I've heard of schools discussing the issue for Jr. High and High School...but that doesn't have anything to do with kids in the 3-7 age range. So if that's the methodology they're using to draw this conclusion, then they're taking two completely separate things, and trying to fudge together a correlation between the two in efforts to try to make a point.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,469.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
ON!

Thread closed permanently!

Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
  • Please check each forum's Statement of Purpose thread for any additional guidelines related to these controversial topics.
  • Abortion, adultery, premarital sex, and marijuana use may be discussed, but encouraging participation in these activities is not allowed. Illegal activities may not be encouraged or promoted*.
  • Homosexuality may not be promoted* on CF. Several debate forums allow same-sex marriage to be discussed from a political, legal, historical, and civil rights point of view. Please check the Statement of Purpose thread for individual debate forums before posting. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed in the Congregational forums according to each forums' guidelines in their Statement of Purpose. Homosexuality and SSM may be discussed, without promotion*, in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues. Members may not promote* homosexuality or same-sex marriage in their profiles.
  • Transsexualism and transgenderism may be discussed, without promotion*, in the Congregations forums as in line with each group's beliefs there. You may post without promotion* in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with personal struggles related to these issues. Members may not promote* transsexualism or transgenderism in their profiles.
  • Promoting* or proselytizing religious beliefs or religions (including Satanism or Occultism) other than Christianity is not allowed. For the purpose of these rules, Christianity is defined by Christian Forums' Statement of Faith which is found in the Sitewide Rules.
  • Posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or posts which give instructions on how to complete deliverance are not allowed.
  • Please do not give professional legal, financial, medical, or other counseling. Do not direct, imply, or suggest that others should disregard doctors' orders regarding medical diagnosis and/or treatment.
  • Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal blog.

OFF!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.