Now that we own the grail...

Should we share the grail out for set periods of time?

• Yes, it would make Jesus smile.

• No, we should horde it.

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
SouthCoast said:
Do people really believe relics like this are real? I'll need a time machine to go back and see it in Christ's very hand. Otherwise, I place no value on objects whose authenticity is highly questionable.

Maybe someone can "link me" to something that would change my mind.

Yes, people really believe relics are real.

Do a web search: Holy Grail Valencia.

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
kimber1 said:
okay how about this......

why don't we start saving up blessings to give to the MJ's to get the 10 commandments?

That is a wonderful proposition, kimber!

of course, when the time comes to give the blessings away, there will be different opinions of what we should do with the blessings;rather than stick with your original idea.
Anyone who wants to stick with your original proposition will be vilified.

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
Peaceful Dove said:
I do not understand all the chatter about the grail.
Can someone explain this to me, please?

I would be happy to explain it. ;)

When Erwin created all the armor icons for us CF posters to purchase with our blessings, the most expensive item was the holy grail at 7 billion blessings.

Greeter, an OBOB member posted (July 2,2004) the idea that we OBOBers unite to purchase this icon.
http://www.christianforums.com/t715655-quest-for-the-holy-grail.html
On that same day, another OBOB poster InnerPhyre suggested,
"After we get it,.....in however many years that takes, one of the mods could make a username for the Blessed Mother for which no one will be able to post with or use at all, give the grail to that username, and make a 1-post long sticky at the top of OBOB called Shrine of the Grail or something like that so that we can all see it displayed and give honor to our Lady :) "

And very soon after that there was a fear that for OBOBers to unite (in the quest for the Holy Grail) would cause disharmony with other Christians, who would feel left out.

Several other groups formed, with the intent of giving us OBOBers a run for the grail.

It was a race.

Some saw this race as a bad thing, and voiced as much to the site owner of CF, Erwin. who dismissed the charge quickly, saying that the race was a game, which each individual CF member cpould play or not play.

The OBOB Questers, which includes some non-Catholics, took the lead (and with a gift from the Lutherans) has purchased the grail.

And now we are in another... discusson phase... of what do do with the icon.

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
ej said:
Once again - why are you getting your knickers in such a twist?

Any publicity stunts and deliberate attacks on you are figments of your imagination - they were certainly not set up by me. Try reading my posts before you publically annihilate me again Greeter, because your posts here are not only insulting but completely insane.

If Greeter's posts here are "completely insane", then so are mine.

Shall we begin a thread, for the use of the "completely insane original OBOB questers of the Holy Grail - all others stay out" ?

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
kimber1 said:

why don't we start saving up blessings to give to the MJ's to get the 10 commandments?

Yeah its a good idea, I suggested something similar a few posts up:

ej said:
If the grail stays in a special account in OBOB, we could continue to collect blessings in order to buy special items as gifts for the other congregational forums. We could start with the Lutherans of course, to thank them for helping us out with the Grail :)

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
KennySe said:
If Greeter's posts here are "completely insane", then so are mine.

Shall we begin a thread, for the use of the "completely insane original OBOB questers of the Holy Grail - all others stay out" ?

Not at all, Kenny - your posts don't attack me and twist my words in order to try to make me look like a **** for suggesting we show some love, some charity here ;)

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
kimber1 said:
heh well anyone who wants to contribute can send them to me and i'll open a bank account for them. :) i won't divert from my original plan ;)

kimber, if you begin a new post for the purpose of OBOBers uniting to donate blessings, to give as a gift to MJ so that they may purchase the 10 commandments, and if you further state in that opening post that the purpose of the OBOB donations (to give as a gift to the MJ) is not open for change.. then I will gladly give for that purpose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Greeter said:
I tried my best but since I have already been placed in the "bad Christian" category I don't think anything I do will please the malcontents at this point.
Greeter. :hug: Some people will always be impossible. and I DO know what you mean.

How about this for wording a final poll. (since many have been unhappy with poll wording and some are still in the undecided camp.)

1. We keep the grail

2. We share the grail

3. We give the grail away.

But, my suggestion would be to wait a week or two, let things settle down a little bit and it will give the undecideds more time to make up their minds.

Michelle

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
kimber1 said:

Do they MJ's have an orgazined effort to do this? I looked around in their forum and didn't see anything. The only reason that I ask is because Semper Reformanda has an organized effort underway to get enough blessings for the ten commandments. We could also help them out.

http://www.christianforums.com/t1578998-the-quest-for-the-10-commandments.html&page=6#post17694828

Michelle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.