✟19,637.00
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone.

One thought I have is in that in my full year of serving God with good heart. I have never had any supernatural touch or encounters. If we look at all the great men in the Bible like Abraham, Moses, the prophets, New testiment: Paul, the disciples, everyone had next level interaction, divine encounters to remember and draw strength from.

Present day: my pastor, was changed after hearing God's physically audible voice in a Bar. David Diga on YouTube spent 6 hrs in prayer then got in the presence of God. My mom says she feels a chill throughout her body sometimes in church when being prayed for or when in deep worship.

What is wrong with me. All I have to go by is other people's stories as if my relationship is less important to God. I try to serve God with everything I have. I do all the works. I pray a lot, water fasted for days, evangelize regularly, I'm in ministry, everything. The verse says draw close to God but i feel like he doesn't draw close to me.

I'm just thinking that there is nothing special about my life whatsoever. I get food and clothes and money to go to university just like all the unsaved around me. The prayer's I've had answered are minor.. my mind dismisses some as co-incidence.

I'm at the point where I'm saying it's time for God to stop playing games with those who are trying to seek him 100, and serve him right. Those giving up everything to be perfect and upright. Its tiring, my conscience is never at ease. Every time I go to church, there is some new demand from the Bible concerning how to serve God better. Some of them I find utterly ridiculous but I can't argue because its God's Word in context.

I feel like the only thing keeping me to this way of life right now is fear of hell, the church's opinion and fear that my life will start going downhill as some consequence of turning away.

Thanks for reading guys. I hope but don't hope that anyone can relate.
God bless.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone.

One thought I have is in that in my full year of serving God with good heart. I have never had any supernatural touch or encounters. If we look at all the great men in the Bible like Abraham, Moses, the prophets, New testament: Paul, the disciples, everyone had next level interaction, divine encounters to remember and draw strength from.

Present day: my pastor, was changed after hearing God's physically audible voice in a Bar. David Diga on YouTube spent 6 hrs in prayer then got in the presence of God. My mom says she feels a chill throughout her body sometimes in church when being prayed for or when in deep worship.

What is wrong with me. All I have to go by is other people's stories as if my relationship is less important to God. I try to serve God with everything I have. I do all the works. I pray a lot, water fasted for days, evangelize regularly, I'm in ministry, everything. The verse says draw close to God but i feel like he doesn't draw close to me.

I'm just thinking that there is nothing special about my life whatsoever. I get food and clothes and money to go to university just like all the unsaved around me. The prayer's I've had answered are minor.. my mind dismisses some as co-incidence.

I'm at the point where I'm saying it's time for God to stop playing games with those who are trying to seek him 100, and serve him right. Those giving up everything to be perfect and upright. Its tiring, my conscience is never at ease. Every time I go to church, there is some new demand from the Bible concerning how to serve God better. Some of them I find utterly ridiculous but I can't argue because its God's Word in context.

I feel like the only thing keeping me to this way of life right now is fear of hell, the church's opinion and fear that my life will start going downhill as some consequence of turning away.

God bless.

I was not born again till I was 30. So no real God for me then either.
Still I remained unaware of God's impact in my life for a decade perhaps.
Did you just take a breath a second ago?
That was a gift from The Father!

So, as you can see, God is waiting for you, not you for Him, as we all think.
Read this local forum link:
Who Else Want's Their Prayers Answered Even Before You Pray?

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you read the Word of God and obeys it, that is a supernatural occurrence.
Many people are faithful in small things like obeying God's Word and even though they never encounter supernatural occurrences, God considers them His friends.
So, don't go seeking after supernatural occurrences, obey His Word instead.

And also, don't dismiss answers to prayers as coincidences, have faith that they are answers to prayers. Faith pleases God.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone.

One thought I have is in that in my full year of serving God with good heart. I have never had any supernatural touch or encounters. If we look at all the great men in the Bible like Abraham, Moses, the prophets, New testiment: Paul, the disciples, everyone had next level interaction, divine encounters to remember and draw strength from.

That you are interested in walking with God at all is a supernatural event! So many things have to be overcome in order for this to occur! God must change your thinking and desires, He must counter the influence of the culture you live in, the blinding and deafening effect of the devil upon you, the pull of your own flesh in order to bring you to faith in Christ; He must overcome your self-centered biases, and habits, and personality filters. It's astonishing, really, that anyone is converted.

My grandfather was a pastor for thirty years and then for the next twenty a revival-evangelist invited to places around the world to preach Christ to the Church and the lost. Not once did he ever have a tingle, or a warm fuzzy, or some voice speaking to him in his ear. He was not knocked off a horse by God and blinded, nor did he ever encounter a burning bush that talked to him. For most of his adult life, my grandfather awoke at 4 am every morning and until 8 am studied Scripture and prayed. He could recite vast reams of Scripture from memory - far more than any other believer I've ever met (probably because he had studied through the Bible, by his count, seven hundred times). He cast out demons and saw people miraculously healed as he prayed for them. God used my grandfather to change the lives of tens of thousands of people but never had any sort of private, personal "Wow" moment with Him. He just loved God with all he was and God used Him to bless many.

Forgive my directness, but what you feel doesn't determine what is real and true. That's how the lost carry on. God says to His children, "Walk by faith, not by sight." That means we operate on the basis of what God has said, not on the basis of feelings - or even experience. Also, can I encourage you not to get into the habit of thinking that your obedience to God obligates Him? That's a road that leads to disaster. You have, if you've been saved, the very greatest thing God can ever give to you: Himself. If the Almighty Creator and Ruler of the universe isn't enough to satisfy you, nothing will.

Well, this is Self at work. Self desires importance; Self wants to be noticed, to be special; Self wants notoriety. But God says that we have to die to Self. (See Matthew 16:24-25; Galatians 2:20; Romans 6:6) There isn't room on the throne of our heart for Self and God, you see. Dr. Adrian Rogers put it this way:

"When you sit on the throne of your heart, Christ is crucified on the cross. When Christ sits on the throne of your heart, you are crucified on the cross."

The longer I walk with God, the more I see just how insignificant I am. And the more I see this, the more thrilled I am when God actually uses me at all to bless another life. Whether God is glorified by Billy Graham preaching before hundreds of thousands of people, or by the small, largely unseen acts I might perform, the important thing is that God is glorified.

It sounds like in the multitude of things you've been doing to serve and obey God, you've neglected the First and Great Commandment. (Matthew 22:36-38) All that you've been doing for God should be a delight, a joy, not because you are served, but because the One you love above and before all else (God) is served. All of the Christian life arises from the fulfillment of the First and Great Commandment. The Christian life makes little sense apart from such a motive and soon becomes an onerous burden without it. Perhaps most importantly, God accepts none of our obedience if it does not arise from such a motive. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

Yeah, I can see that in what you've written. Honestly, you're starting from the wrong place with God entirely.

1 John 4:16
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaishinKan
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone.

God bless.
The miracle of our conversion is supernatural. Amazing Grace the moment I first believed.

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I hear about Christians that haven’t experienced anything supernatural I think about when Jesus said blessed are those who have not seen yet believe. John 20:29. I don’t know why some people witness so many supernatural occurrences while others never see anything. There are also those that live in haunted houses that suffer the fear of never knowing what is going to happen next and randomly getting physically scratched and hearing tormenting voices. There are a lot of documentary series about people that live in haunted houses and stuff.

Upvote 0