Corpus Christi
✟9,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I recently posted about some marital issues with my husband and we're dealing with them. But aside from those issues I just feel 'blah' in our marriage. I mean I am dealing with some heartache and trust issues right now but I don't know... I'm not sure if it's the stress over his job or having a child now and not having a date night alone in over a year that's causing it but I just feel off.

He's a strict person and can come off as a real jerk at times even though he says he doesn't mean to (his job has aided in the development of these attributes). I just feel like those qualities have increased since we've had our baby. He annoys me SO much easier. For instance, after I just had our baby (awake for over 24 hours, only sleeping an hour at a time if I was lucky) he snapped at me a couple times for silly little things. Like he needed help changing a diaper and said something like "Can you help me instead of just sitting there and watching me?!" Mind you it took me a hot minute just to get off the bed because I was so sore. And one time he was changing her onsie and I was recording because hello, it was cute. She started crying and he was like "Can you help me?!" Just the tone and way he says things just grinds my gears basically. He does it all the time.

And lately I guess I've been having a hard time listening to him. Like I only remember half of what he says. At times I think I do tune it out unpurposely but sometimes I honestly never heard him say something. (He gets on to me for mumbling but he does it too) But he's also been very unresponsive to me lately too. I'll be telling him a story, sometimes even about our daughter, and he won't say anything about it! Not a word. Sometimes it may just be a funny encounter I had that day and it'll be like he just completely ignored what I said. No laugh, no "Really? That's interesting." NOTHING. There were even a couple times when I started a story and you know that joke where you just look at the person very blankly like you're faking being interested and then tell them "Cool story, bro!" He's done that twice in the last couple months and it drives me crazy!! One time I even told him I wasn't going to tell the story then and he made me tell it because he was "kidding" but I made sure he knew I didn't like his little joke. It's not something like super important but it was something that happened in my day and with how much nerdy video game crap he tells me I'd at least expect him to listen to MY stories too!! Sigh... sorry. Anger was getting to me a bit there.

Just needed to vent. Really trying to sort and figure out some things I'm feeling and trying to figure out what's happened to us. I feel like it's really his job and having a child now that's effected our relationship. Yeah we go out to dinner occasionally (baby in tow) and we have our bedroom time back again but I feel like there's something missing. He's always tired from work so we never take trips anymore or do anything fun. There's also not much to do around here and our families are states away. It may help now that our daughter is walking so we'll see if that improves... I just feel like we need to connect and communicate more on a deeper level. ‍♀️

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aak him what he wants to do some weekend. Take time off. Hire a trusted friend or sitter to watch your daughter. Go take a weekend with him. I think having a child is bothering him, on some level. Perhaps he feels attention-starved. It may sound odd, but some men, especially new fathers who may or may not be very emotionally mature, may actually get jealous of new babies, even their own.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I recently posted about some marital issues with my husband and we're dealing with them. But aside from those issues I just feel 'blah' in our marriage. I mean I am dealing with some heartache and trust issues right now but I don't know... I'm not sure if it's the stress over his job or having a child now and not having a date night alone in over a year that's causing it but I just feel off.

He's a strict person and can come off as a real jerk at times even though he says he doesn't mean to (his job has aided in the development of these attributes). I just feel like those qualities have increased since we've had our baby. He annoys me SO much easier. For instance, after I just had our baby (awake for over 24 hours, only sleeping an hour at a time if I was lucky) he snapped at me a couple times for silly little things. Like he needed help changing a diaper and said something like "Can you help me instead of just sitting there and watching me?!" Mind you it took me a hot minute just to get off the bed because I was so sore. And one time he was changing her onsie and I was recording because hello, it was cute. She started crying and he was like "Can you help me?!" Just the tone and way he says things just grinds my gears basically. He does it all the time.

And lately I guess I've been having a hard time listening to him. Like I only remember half of what he says. At times I think I do tune it out unpurposely but sometimes I honestly never heard him say something. (He gets on to me for mumbling but he does it too) But he's also been very unresponsive to me lately too. I'll be telling him a story, sometimes even about our daughter, and he won't say anything about it! Not a word. Sometimes it may just be a funny encounter I had that day and it'll be like he just completely ignored what I said. No laugh, no "Really? That's interesting." NOTHING. There were even a couple times when I started a story and you know that joke where you just look at the person very blankly like you're faking being interested and then tell them "Cool story, bro!" He's done that twice in the last couple months and it drives me crazy!! One time I even told him I wasn't going to tell the story then and he made me tell it because he was "kidding" but I made sure he knew I didn't like his little joke. It's not something like super important but it was something that happened in my day and with how much nerdy video game crap he tells me I'd at least expect him to listen to MY stories too!! Sigh... sorry. Anger was getting to me a bit there.

Just needed to vent. Really trying to sort and figure out some things I'm feeling and trying to figure out what's happened to us. I feel like it's really his job and having a child now that's effected our relationship. Yeah we go out to dinner occasionally (baby in tow) and we have our bedroom time back again but I feel like there's something missing. He's always tired from work so we never take trips anymore or do anything fun. There's also not much to do around here and our families are states away. It may help now that our daughter is walking so we'll see if that improves... I just feel like we need to connect and communicate more on a deeper level. ‍♀️

I agree with Gracia. Try to take some time off....ask your husband if he wants to go somewhere with you for a relaxing weekend.

AmericanHoney, welcome to CF!!
f15f7b2f2bb23522ac53b34905a9642b.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0