Visit site
✟1,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
During the service we have a 5 min childrens message, were they all come up and a short talk is given.

I have to do this on Sunday, on the topic of Growing in Kindness. Any ideas or suggestions on how to deliver this to the kids in a way that works for them? They are between 3-6.

Thanks.

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wow, this is always tough, I really try to make the children's message the same topic as my sermon. When I am actually presenting it, I wrack my brain for ideas. An example was when I was teaching about sharing our burdens with one another in the sermon, I used a 50 lb bag of potatos in my children's sermon as a prop. I asked the kids who could lift it--a few actually could! I then told them that I was going to ask them to carry it around, never put it down for the next week. Volunteers? None. Then I opened the bag and gave each of them one potato, explaining that this is how we share burdens--it's a lot easier for each of us to carry one potato than it is to carry the whole load. They then carried their potatos with them to their seats!
It wasn't perfect, but it created an opportunity for parents to continue the discussion. The fact that all through my sermon I heard the PLUNK of potatos dropping on the floor actually helped my message!
That's my only suggestion, make it simply, visible, and easy on language, then send them to mom and dad for further discussion.
Hope that is some help!

Reactions: lands21
Upvote 0