GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There was a time when rock n roll was was my music of choice :) my love of that genre faded with each step closer to the Church....don't get me wrong, each to his own .....and maybe that is just an excuse for being too old to rock and being limited to the occasional roll ;)
My taste in music has changed but I do stop and listen when I hear a decent rock tune!

Upvote 0

chandraclaws

May 25, 2015
✟3,897.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for responding. Maybe I should have titled that a little differently. :D I love the church I go to. It is a very young church with lots of young energy which is kind of contagious, and lots of love for God. I really like the contemporary music. I've noticed lately, though, that I may be one of the oldest members. There are many small groups and bible studies for young married couples, singles under 30, teens, and those with young children, but nothing specifically to support or encourage people who are older, especially if you don't have a spouse. There is nothing at all for the elderly. I've noticed that most of the churches in my area are like this. I've never thought of myself as old, but I realize that I am old enough to be grandma to most of the young women in my bible study. I was just thinking it would be nice to have some kind of fellowship with people in my age group too.

Upvote 0

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for responding. Maybe I should have titled that a little differently. :D I love the church I go to. It is a very young church with lots of young energy which is kind of contagious, and lots of love for God. I really like the contemporary music. I've noticed lately, though, that I may be one of the oldest members. There are many small groups and bible studies for young married couples, singles under 30, teens, and those with young children, but nothing specifically to support or encourage people who are older, especially if you don't have a spouse. There is nothing at all for the elderly. I've noticed that most of the churches in my area are like this. I've never thought of myself as old, but I realize that I am old enough to be grandma to most of the young women in my bible study. I was just thinking it would be nice to have some kind of fellowship with people in my age group too.

Oh I hear you! It might be comforting to know my daughter is 52 in June....she would be more of a peer than I am. However.....aged bones aside it is good to make friends of any age group as we will all be around the same vintage in Heaven......don't you think? Don't feel my age except when aches and pains remind me and make family chuckle when I refuse to go sit with the old folks! Now that grumpy gossipy bunch can't even return a smile and a hug would be very suspect!

Rock On Sister!!

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0