Alabama
✟17,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a really big fear that i have blashemed the holy spirit and it has being taking a very big toll on me . Im scared that I did and I wont make it to heaven because of it I have been having the worst couple weeks of my life I have been praying and trying to stay positive but what is the point of me even being alive if i did do it God is my only hope and what if i have ruined it with him.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a really big fear that i have blashemed the holy spirit and it has being taking a very big toll on me . Im scared that I did and I wont make it to heaven because of it I have been having the worst couple weeks of my life I have been praying and trying to stay positive but what is the point of me even being alive if i did do it God is my only hope and what if i have ruined it with him.
Apologize to the Lord and forget about it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The question I have for you is: Did you genuinely receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and having done so, would you want to go back to the live you lived before your conversion? If the first answer is yes, and the second answer is no, you have nothing to worry about, even though you are having struggles right now. A successful Christian life does not mean the absence of doubts, fears and struggles. Paul said, "In me dwell no good thing." and, "We have the sentence of death in our selves that we should not trust in ourselves but in Him who raises the dead" and, "While we were yet sinners, Christ loved us and gave Himself for us". If Christ loved you with an everlasting love before you received Him. now that you are His, He loves you even more. Trust Him.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You can always get back to the Lord, even now. Those who blasphemed against the Spirit are not even repentant (like Satan) as you are (like Peter for example). God bless :).

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only perfect one was Jesus, the rest of us aren't.
So, what do we do? We pray, we read the scriptures, we try to do as Jesus would do, and when we fail, we confess our sin to Him, and we are forgiven.
God bless you

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only perfect one was Jesus, the rest of us aren't.
So, what do we do? We pray, we read the scriptures, we try to do as Jesus would do, and when we fail, we confess our sin to Him, and we are forgiven.
God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not believing that Jesus is the Christ. And normally, those who commit the unforgivable sin aren't worried about committing it, because they don't believe anyway.

John 16:8-9 "And when he is come (speaking about the Holy Spirit), he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement: of sin, because they believe not on me; (talking about Christ)"

So here we see that the Holy Spirit comes to reprove the world of the sin of unbelief. When a person rejects that reproof, he is likened unto a fool.

Proverbs 15:10 "Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die."
Proverbs 15:31-32 "The ear that heareth reproof of life abideth among the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding."

So proverbs speaks expressly about those that reject reproof, both the reproof of wise men, but more so the reproof of God, and how rejecting it leads to death.

The reason why blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin is because we literally reject the witness it has of Jesus Christ, and essentially call God a liar.

Romans 8:16 "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God."
1 John 4:2-3 "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."
1 John 5:9-10 "If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son."

Blasphemy itself is not bearing reverence toward the Lord, or it is a way of insulting God. Blasphemy could also be the act of speaking against the truth, or rejecting the truth. Like when the Pharisees thought that Jesus was speaking blasphemy when he called himself God - they thought he was lying. Obviously Jesus was telling the truth, but they thought he was speaking against the truth.

Rejection of the witness of the Spirit is blasphemy, because it is the rejection of the truth. Therefore, it is the unforgivable sin because a person cannot be saved without believing on the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9).

If you believe that Jesus is the Christ, you are born of God (1 John 5:1). And if you are born of God, you haven't committed, nor could you ever commit the unforgivable sin.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you have had a hard time!!!! I will pray that you will have peace to your mind and heart. I agree with the scriptures and advice given. Jesus loves you so much, and that narrow way is trusting in Christ and not in what we have done or didn't do. In Christ we are completely and wholly forgiven and saved. Perfect love casts away all fear according to 1 John. We are told, I think, 365 times not to fear in God's Word. Id confess it, and live shaking the world for Christ.

Upvote 0