East
✟37,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt this. No scripture says this. It says something rather cruel about God and cannot find God is satisfied in the Bible. Jesus is satisfied at his own sacrifice. I would advise dropping this theology.

Dorothy did not die for Dorothy's sins. How can you keep that which you never could earn? Until you come to end of yourself you will never see why His grace is sufficient. He paid the price, not you. If you believe you can lose your salvation in any way, you will never preach and defend "Jesus Christ and Him crucified". You will continue to be offended by His grace because it gives no glory to your flesh.

The very reason why Paul wanted only one thing from the Church in Corinth when they had left the simplicity that is in Christ for denominational teachings... "Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?"

Paul knew if they were preaching "Jesus Christ and Him Crucified" the rest of their house would be in order.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Same goes for you Dorothy. Is this what you have been giving us... "Jesus Christ and Him Crucified"? Let help you with that, no you have not. Why? Because you can't see "it is finished". Still trying to mix your flesh with His finished work. A revelation of the finality of His sacrifice is the only thing that will set you free from your human effort, and your offense toward the gospel. You cannot fully preach the cross when all you see is a partial crucifixion.

How do I know this? I was preaching what you are preaching when I couldn't see that eternal life really means eternal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dorothy did not die for Dorothy's sins. How can you keep that which you never could earn? Until you come to end of yourself you will never see why His grace is sufficient. He paid the price, not you. If you believe you can lose your salvation in any way, you will never preach and defend "Jesus Christ and Him crucified". You will continue to be offended by His grace because it gives no glory to your flesh.
This is likely going to be difficult as you seem to think:

either a person believes in OSAS or
they are offended by the gospel.

There does not seem to be any other option in your mind as to what people believe. No matter how often I tell you that neither is true in my thinking and that of most christians I know you refuse to accept that we know what we believe but insist only you know what we believe.

I read the piece you wrote about your faith hanging on by a thread and thought it was pretty good for those whose faith is very small and weak. And I know some like this and this would very likely minister to them. But I suggest that your faith remains weak because you believe in OSAS and so not grow beyond believing you are saved no matter how you live. This was a new thought and I will consider if this kind of barely hanging on faith is more common in OSAS believers.
The very reason why Paul wanted only one thing from the Church in Corinth when they had left the simplicity that is in Christ for denominational teachings... "Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?"

Paul knew if they were preaching "Jesus Christ and Him Crucified" the rest of their house would be in order.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
For a man who claimed all he knew was Christ crucified, he sure wrote a lot of the New Testament. If all he knew was Christ crucified, none of his writings would have become the Bible because that one sentence doesn't fill a page let alone a letter or book.

Paul knew more than Christ crucified, believe me. He knew a whole lot more.
Same goes for you Dorothy. Is this what you have been giving us... "Jesus Christ and Him Crucified"? Let help you with that, no you have not. Why? Because you can't see "it is finished". Still trying to mix your flesh with His finished work. A revelation of the finality of His sacrifice is the only thing that will set you free from your human effort, and your offense toward the gospel. You cannot fully preach the cross when all you see is a partial crucifixion.

How do I know this? I was preaching what you are preaching when I couldn't see that eternal life really means eternal.
Skidder, I have tried to tell you to be at peace regarding me. I know Him and the fellowship of his sufferings. The power of his resurrection is before me still. In a few moments I am going to tackle the concept of the Trinity with an unbeliever. This is something your only knowing Christ and him crucified theology could never do. We are told to be ready to given an answer for the hope that is within us for their sake. THis I can do. Do you only know Christ crucified and that is it? It would be better to pursue knowing Him than stay snug in your theology of going to Heaven for sure.

Upvote 0